Class of 2019 - PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU

As others have said, I'm REALLY wanting Carrigan. Having that defensive presence in the zone is paramount, and it helps him too by not having to follow his man out of the paint. Also, it would be refreshing to see more of the PRESS, which is an easier button to press when you have an anchor like this around the rim. Although I see Roberts as having a higher ceiling, I wouldn't have to think long about taking Carrigan over him, assuming we could have only one. To me it's not even close, as they are two different types of players. I wish the Cuse had more targets than those two, because I'd be quite disappointed with a Roberts get, if nobody else on the team turns into a beast down low.

Thank goodness everyone else is getting in on him late with the offers as well. I find it humorous he's been gaining them rather recently, and is about a week from trimming his list. It's refreshing though, assuming we make the cut.

An added bonus on top of all of this, is that he sounds well-spoken, like a character-type of recruit...the type of kid who might be susceptible to a well-crafted sales pitch from Mr Moyer!

Top 8? I mean, what's the point?

Milking the moment for all its worth. That's all it is. These kids know how some fans constantly beg them to come to their schools. His mentions are probably on fire after dropping the list.

Why is GTECH ever on anyone's top list...
th

Atlanta is hot. syracuse is cold.
It's warm in the Dome with 30,000+. McCamish was built in the 50's and I'm not sure it seats 9,000? I think they had a Tornado rip through there a few years back ... so yah it's hot there. And GT hasn't sniffed the top half of the conference in at least a decade.

Last edited:
Sure you can party there, big deal. You can party at any school. Atlanta's also hotter than hell ... and the program's at the bottom of the conference.
As of last years standings arent we in the bottom part of the conference as well?

It's warm in the Dome with 30,000+. McCamish was built in the 50's and I'm not sure it seats 9,000? I think they had a Tornado rip through there a few years back ... so yah it's hot there. And GT hasn't sniffed the top half of the conference in at least a decade.

Point was simple. The weather will rarely ever be a great selling point for us against another school. and as a guy who has lived in Georgia for 3 years after moving from Massachusetts i personally never want to live up north again.

I agree with their being major inequity between the programs and their fanbases, but if we are selling syracuse vs. Atlanta i dont know that we fair well in that battle with many recruits.

As of last years standings arent we in the bottom part of the conference as well?
I wasn't talking about one or two years. I was talking about the state of the program overall. GT has not been a competitive ACC basketball team. I looked at the stats since they entered the conference in 1978 ... pretty dismal, although they're getting better under Pastner. I'm also a Lammers fan .. great player.