Class of 2018 - PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie-Kelly-Blocks-Kid-in-Basketball-as-a-Ref.gif
IDK. Sure he looks like a good shot blocker, but seems out of shape, and I question the competition.

So here's the thought process I have.

He's visiting Syracuse & St. Bonaventure.

If he wanted to go to an Atlantic 10 school, wouldn't he have just gone to La Salle?

I would think that if we really want him, we can get him. No offer yet -- which leads me to believe he'll probably run with our guys and they'll make a decision after.

Crazy talk here...but is losing Bazley sort of a blessing in disguise? Long term for the program having these 2 guys is way more valuable than having a one and done (unless Baz ended up being a Carmelo and we win it all next year).

Crazy talk here...but is losing Bazley sort of a blessing in disguise? Long term for the program having these 2 guys is way more valuable than having a one and done (unless Baz ended up being a Carmelo and we win it all next year).
Its not a bad thing at all. Could be another Hakim type blessing

It is crazy talk bc SU is legit threat with Baz but SU is definitely trying to make the best out of a very bad situation that crushed program at that time.

Absolute crazy talk. Can try to make yourself believe it to feel better but definitely no bueno.

Absolute crazy talk. Can try to make yourself believe it to feel better but definitely no bueno.
Definitely.. these two would be great adds at this point in the game, but a team with Bazley and perhaps Tyus(I know, very small chance, but a chance none the less), is something to make all of us Cuse fans giddy!

This might clear it up??

Attachments

• C164D321-F10B-4BF6-90BC-678161AA5478.jpeg
    C164D321-F10B-4BF6-90BC-678161AA5478.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 106
Bazely is no Carmelo...Melo was #1 hs recruit well above the rest out hs to go to college..:bazely is #15 which is lower than paul Harris and I believe donte Greene & McCullough ...he was a great pickup but the known 1 and done is bad for chemistry imo. Melo didn’t even know if he was that and he was the #1 player.

With the way things went for Cuse earlier this spring, Shoon would be a steal at this point for next year and beyond. As we know, he was a late bloomer that has even better days ahead of him in my opinion. His shot blocking will translate right away (more of a 5 than a 4 but could give minutes at both).

Shoon averaged 14.4 pts., 11.5 rebs. and 5.6 blocks per game at Mainland Regional before he went on to play at Putnam Science Academy this past season. At PSA, his numbers kept getting better as the season played out. He earned January Player of the Month in the GAC, 1st Team All GAC, GAC Defensive Player of the Year, and capped off winning the National Prep Championship and being named MVP of the game! Let's just say he continues to trend upward...

This would be an excellent get for the Cuse frontcourt, no doubt!

He finished as the #18 ranked player in the New England Class of 2018 (pretty good company)...
Screenshot_20180506-090745.jpg

I don't think they follow from bazley. baz's minutes are going to marek. we didn't get back into the forward market until moyer left; golden and braswell recruitment were chases for forward depth. i think, with scholarships open, osun is the kind of late blooming target we'd go after even if bazley was still in the fold

Status
Not open for further replies.