Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

EYBL stats over 21 games... Jackson averaged 8 points on 56% shooting from the field and 50% (73/130) from three (5/10), 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 3 blocks.
Being from Michigan I have watched him quite a bit. Best defender in the class period. Can defend 2-5 and can switch on to 1 if needed. 6-9 with extremely long arms. Multiple national experts say he is the best shot blocker in the class (or ever seen at this age) and id agree with that. Has multiple multiple block possessions just about every high school game. Extremely athletic but still needs to improve his offensive skill set. He is a SCtop10 threat every game. I really wish my Spartans would offer him. Would be a good get for u guys.

Being from Michigan I have watched him quite a bit. Best defender in the class period. Can defend 2-5 and can switch on to 1 if needed. 6-9 with extremely long arms. Multiple national experts say he is the best shot blocker in the class (or ever seen at this age) and id agree with that. Has multiple multiple block possessions just about every high school game. Extremely athletic but still needs to improve his offensive skill set. He is a SCtop10 threat every game. I really wish my Spartans would offer him. Would be a good get for u guys.
Thanks for the input and knowledge! really appreciate it. I love his potential but I haven’t watched so that much on him yet. How’s his shooting look and translate? I know his EYBL numbers were pretty good but they weren’t huge samples.

Thanks for the input and knowledge! really appreciate it. I love his potential but I haven’t watched so that much on him yet. How’s his shooting look and translate? I know his EYBL numbers were pretty good but they weren’t huge samples.
He doesn’t shoot much. His release doesn’t look bad, and it normally goes in when he shoots open shots. He plays with one of if not the best scorer in HS basketball in AAU and HS (Rocket Watts). He doesn’t shoot much. One more thing he is really exceptional at is grabbing a board and taking it coast to coast.

He doesn’t shoot much. His release doesn’t look bad, and it normally goes in when he shoots open shots. He plays with one of if not the best scorer in HS basketball in AAU and HS (Rocket Watts). He doesn’t shoot much. One more thing he is really exceptional at is grabbing a board and taking it coast to coast.
Yeah I didn’t think he shot much. Thanks again for the intel. But yeah his rebounding jumped out to me as well.

Joins 2 other Michigan players at Spire , Myron Gardner (GTown offer... I know boo) and Aundre Polk 6-10 2020. WOTS is his teammate Rocket Watts will be joining them soon. Also my Spartans finally offered. It is not close to over though. The Coleman connection gives you a shot (not sure how big).

Joins 2 other Michigan players at Spire , Myron Gardner (GTown offer... I know boo) and Aundre Polk 6-10 2020. WOTS is his teammate Rocket Watts will be joining them soon. Also my Spartans finally offered. It is not close to over though. The Coleman connection gives you a shot (not sure how big).

We’re Syracuse..that gives us a pretty good shot as well.

If I am JB I show video to him of the MSU vs Syracuse tournament game when Izzo played the number 3 pick Jaren Jackson all of 15 minutes.

If I am JB I show video to him of the MSU vs Syracuse tournament game when Izzo played the number 3 pick Jaren Jackson all of 15 minutes.
Agreed. Izzo completely botched that game from a coaching standpoint. Not only did he not play Jackson enough, but he didn't press with Frank out, or do anything defensively to force Bayer to shoot. Battle and Oshae needed to receive the full focus on defense. JB is a much better X's and O's coach than Izzo. I know we don't negatively recruit, but man I'd definitely point it out. Izzo was horrible that game.

Agreed. Izzo completely botched that game from a coaching standpoint. Not only did he not play Jackson enough, but he didn't press with Frank out, or do anything defensively to force Bayer to shoot. Battle and Oshae needed to receive the full focus on defense. JB is a much better X's and O's coach than Izzo. I know we don't negatively recruit, but man I'd definitely point it out. Izzo was horrible that game.
We think Izzo was bad then too. He has struggled to deal with a zone as long as I remember. Generally when Izzo gets a one and done they get picked high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom