Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are fighting an uphill battle for Stewart. Apparently his dad is not very high on Cuse.

According to who?
A good source had a casual conversation with his dad recently. Didn't give much details just said his dad wasn't big on Cuse. Take it for what it's worth. Staff must think they have a shot if they are continuing to pursue. Odds seemed to be stacked against us though.

A good source had a casual conversation with his dad recently. Didn't give much details just said his dad wasn't big on Cuse. Take it for what it's worth. Staff must think they have a shot if they are continuing to pursue. Odds seemed to be stacked against us though.
Ahh thank you.

does that come from his admiration of Patrick Ewing? I guess he could dislike SU because of that rivalry.

Picking nits, but speaking of the top recruit from Rochester ever, Tom Sheehey (McQuaid Jesuit) was a top 5 player nationally. Class of 1983. McDonalds AA. Chose Virginia over UNC and UCLA if memory serves me. At least an equal of John Wallace in his class.
Read a funny article on his recruitment. The UVa assistant coach actual hit the Sheehey's dog with his car when he went to visit.
UVa also flew in Sal's Birfland wings to campus when Sheehey visited.
Also, Joe Binion was better.
Joe Binion - Wikipedia

I admire K’s “respect” and friendship for JB.

Every recruitment I follow of Duke’s, whether su is involved or not, makes me question him though. Stewart is not their number 1 target. I just do not believe that.

I admire K’s “respect” and friendship for JB.

Every recruitment I follow of Duke’s, whether su is involved or not, makes me question him though. Stewart is not their number 1 target. I just do not believe that.
Every recruiter tells kids what they want to hear. There's a lot of false promises and ego stroking that goes on.

Coach K: "Well, Isaiah, we like you a lot. You're one of our top targets, but we like 5-6 others guys that rank ahead of you on the recruiting sites. Please consider us"

That isn't going to work.

I'm sure JB tells kids lots of things too (play man, start right away, play 35 minutes, etc...) that aren't necessarily on the table.

Gmac is still 0-fer when we're battling Duke, Kentucky, etc. It'd be nice for him to land a prize and silence some of the critics who think the current staff cannot compete with the big boys.
It's not that I don't think the current staff cannot compete with the big boys.

It's that I think GMac can't compete with the big boys.:cool:

Every recruiter tells kids what they want to hear. There's a lot of false promises and ego stroking that goes on.

Coach K: "Well, Isaiah, we like you a lot. You're one of our top targets, but we like 5-6 others guys that rank ahead of you on the recruiting sites. Please consider us"

That isn't going to work.

I'm sure JB tells kids lots of things too (play man, start right away, play 35 minutes, etc...) that aren't necessarily on the table.
K told Joe "The Binder" Girard the III that Joe was Duke's top target too!

I don't know that. I just believe it's possible.

Because K is evil.

He's not top 5, how could he possibly be Duke's top target? Unless K said something like "you're my top target (for bench depth)."

K is visiting Vernon Carey today...so there's that.

Duke had two bigs this year that will both go in the lottery. Why wouldn't it work to add Carey AND Stewart?

Status
Not open for further replies.