Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has his Basket Ball 2018 today (part of the Jim & Juli Boeheim Foundation).
This was an issue last year with the Basket Ball the same weekend as one of these events, so again, why is it being scheduled for 1 of the 2 weekends with an open evaluation period? Why not have the BBall next week when it's a quiet period again? I don't know the logistics of the event, so I'm curious why JB holds it the same day he and his staff could be gaining further leverage with recruits. Anybody know?

I expect we'll make the cut when he trims his list. I don't anticipate that we will land him however. But if you make the cut, you have a puncher's chance.

I expect we'll make the cut when he trims his list. I don't anticipate that we will land him however. But if you make the cut, you have a puncher's chance.
is it worth a punchers chance to be distracted from landing a more attainable alternative ?

i am ok w recruiting stewart, but only if it does not affect our recruitment of others and only if we are not waiting on him and back burnering others.

He is, and that indicates to me that he has JB's trust. That's a very good sign, if you ask me.
Its time for Gmac to get a win.

In the Saturday evening matchup against UPlay Canada, Stewart was not used as he should have been. But it seemed like their coach was resting him more than usual, especially in the first half. He had some obvious mismatches to exploit. For whatever reason they weren't finding and/or looking for him... until the second half. Surprisingly, he only finished with 12 points (6 for 7 shooting), 7 rebounds, and 2 assists. He takes on a lot of contact (he is fouled).. pretty much every play.. and a lot isn't called in his his favor. I sat next to his mom for the second half. She was chatting it up with another parent, so I didn't bother her. After the game, Isaiah saw me (and my shirt), gave me a big smile, and said Cuse fan? I gave him the oh yeah and he said Cuuussseee with another big grin! Didn't chat him up as he went into the training room... probably another reason his minutes were limited in this one.

1st Team distinction for Zay's play in ATL...

Team: City Rocks (NY)
Record: 4-0 (9-3 overall)

EYBL Atlanta stats: 20.3 PPG, 65.4 FG%, 11.5 RPG, 2.8 BPG
Full season stats

Game 1: 20 PTS (9-21 FG), 17 REB, AST, BLK
Game 2: 27 PTS (12-15 FG), 12 REB, 3 BLK
Game 3: 11 PTS (5-6 FG), 7 REB, 2 AST, BLK
Game 4: 23 PTS (8-10 FG), 10 REB, 3 BLK

Isaiah Stewart was spectacular in Atlanta, leading the City Rocks to a perfect 4-0 showing while displaying a pattern of utter dominance. Stewart shot 65.4 percent from the floor and grabbed 46 rebounds over four games, including a 20-point, 17-rebound performance against fellow first-teamer Jaden McDaniels. The 6-foot-9, 250 pound Stewart is arguably the most physically-imposing big man on the circuit, and he was simply unstoppable during session three. On top of being a dominant ball-player, Stewart's teammates & coaches can't find a negative thing to say about him. He's the complete package for the Rocks, and the major reason why they're on the short list for Peach Jam championship contenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.