Class of 2020 - PF Jonathan Kuminga (GA) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Jonathan Kuminga (GA) Offered

Any reason we never offered this kid or why his name has never been mentioned with ours even though he transfered to a NY HS?

Any reason we never offered this kid or why his name has never been mentioned with ours even though he transfered to a NY HS?
We had no Chance

Am I the only one that immediately thought this when you see that jersey?
1590190789591.jpeg

I'd luv to know how this reclassification works for so many.
They are letting a lot of kids reclass with the pandemic happening plus a lot of these kids are a year older than their original class (post grad years, held back etc).

I kind of wonder if these guys are not costing themselves as much as they might make playing minor league ball for a year vs. a year in NCAA. They have a chance to build their brand for year by playing college ball as Zion did. Would he be a megastar NBA rookie with a huge shoe deal in the U.S. if he spends a year in China or Down Under? That year also vaulted him past RJ into the top pick.

I kind of wonder if these guys are not costing themselves as much as they might make playing minor league ball for a year vs. a year in NCAA. They have a chance to build their brand for year by playing college ball as Zion did. Would he be a megastar NBA rookie with a huge shoe deal in the U.S. if he spends a year in China or Down Under? That year also vaulted him past RJ into the top pick.
Social media is changing how people are branded Zion had 2 million Instagram followers before ever stepping foot on to Duke's campus.

Social media is changing how people are branded Zion had 2 million Instagram followers before ever stepping foot on to Duke's campus.
Social media following equals money. Some dont get how it works...some of these kids have crazy followings already and theres so many business opportunities for them be it money/free merchandise etc. They should be able to capitalize off their name and brand. It's so stupid.

Being a social media influencer is great but that is only a slice of the pie.
I understand the value of a social media following but the brand impact of being seen on ESPN, CBS etc. and in playing in March Madness vs playing in the G-League is pretty obvious.

Being a social media influencer is great but that is only a slice of the pie.
I understand the value of a social media following but the brand impact of being seen on ESPN, CBS etc. and in playing in March Madness vs playing in the G-League is pretty obvious.
Things are trending in the opposite direction, Covid-19 will speed this up.

Basically as advertising dollars move from TV to social media so will branding methods thank the "FAANG" company's

He got more money going to Duke, so it's a bad comparison.

not a knock on kuminga...kids going to be a stud someday. But these kids dont realize the talent and grown men that have crafted their games for years in the pros. Beasley making it look easy with Kuminga on him.

not a knock on kuminga...kids going to be a stud someday. But these kids dont realize the talent and grown men that have crafted their games for years in the pros. Beasley making it look easy with Kuminga on him.

High school kids can't guard pros...the question how did he do on the other end?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom