Class of 2020 - PF Jordan Bruner / Yale Grad Transfer | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Jordan Bruner / Yale Grad Transfer

Cuse_NYC

Starter
Why isn’t this the guy we put all chips in on? We are still Syracuse. We should at least try and be involved. Look, I’ve seen limited tape of the Long Beach St kid, like everyone else... I know we want to make him into some great find, but come on. I’d rather roll with BS, JE and Marek at Center. Get a stud inside, like Bruner, or else focus on the lot of 6’5, 6’6ish guys to play the 3 with QG: Griffin, Martin, etc.

Bruner seems like a guy who is leaning towards going pro, even if it’s overseas

Why isn’t this the guy we put all chips in on? We are still Syracuse. We should at least try and be involved. Look, I’ve seen limited tape of the Long Beach St kid, like everyone else... I know we want to make him into some great find, but come on. I’d rather roll with BS, JE and Marek at Center. Get a stud inside, like Bruner, or else focus on the lot of 6’5, 6’6ish guys to play the 3 with QG: Griffin, Martin, etc.
Have to agree, why we reach out to a kid in CA but ignore this kid and Marfo from Quinnipiac in the North East seems odd to me

Have to agree, why we reach out to a kid in CA but ignore this kid and Marfo from Quinnipiac in the North East seems odd to me
The kid in CA would have three years f eligibility left. Also it's just possible the staff doesnt see them as good fits for the team. I also think they expect the transfer rule to be passed to allow for a one time transfer without sitting out a year so the amount of kids in the portal will increase dramatically.

The kid in CA would have three years f eligibility left. Also it's just possible the staff doesnt see them as good fits for the team. I also think they expect the transfer rule to be passed to allow for a one time transfer without sitting out a year so the amount of kids in the portal will increase dramatically.
I can see your initial points but banking on the NCAA to change a policy in this offseason/recruiting cycle and hoping that change solves roster problems is a dangerous and lazy recruiting strategy when they have 3 scholarships available

I can see your initial points but banking on the NCAA to change a policy in this offseason/recruiting cycle and hoping that change solves roster problems is a dangerous and lazy recruiting strategy when they have 3 scholarships available
Yeh thats fair but tbh you nor I have any idea what the staff is doing. We have no idea what their plan is or who they are really targeting now that Tape is off the board. We hear rumors they reach out to certain recruits like Morgan but that's about it. No doubt in my mind there is much more going on behind the scenes than we know so lets let it play out.

Kids legit saw him play against Cornell. He does everything, I think he had a triple double in that game . Was surprised to see a player that good at that level .

Kids legit saw him play against Cornell. He does everything, I think he had a triple double in that game . Was surprised to see a player that good at that level .
Cornell was awful last season.

Cornell was awful last season.
Yes they were. Just saw him live and thought he’s good doesn’t really matter against who. He’s a stud . There’s a reason why he’s being recruited by some top schools. I’m sure you have probably forgotten more than I’ll ever know about basketball .

Yes they were. Just saw him live and thought he’s good doesn’t really matter against who. He’s a stud . There’s a reason why he’s being recruited by some top schools. I’m sure you have probably forgotten more than I’ll ever know about basketball .
He also had 8 points and 9 rebounds against the only power conference school on their schedule. Sidibe can do that just fine.

He also had 8 points and 9 rebounds against the only power conference school on their schedule. Sidibe can do that just fine.
Where did I say that Syracuse could use him? Just said I saw him play , sure id take him in a second but that wasn’t my point . He also dribbles the ball well for a player his size something Sidibe doesn’t do .

Oats has been absolutely crushing it this cycle. Very active on many players. If he can start winning games and getting some tournament success with bama he will definitely be worth looking into when the time comes.