Class of 2022 - PF Maliq Brown (VA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Maliq Brown (VA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.
Be shocked, and dumbfounded.

He's not remotely "ready" enough to be the C, but he's gonna have the skills to be a 4?
That makes zero sense.
Not saying that you’re wrong, but what superlative skills are required exactly, to play the 4?
In our zone the 5-spot is basically the middle linebacker/QB- calls the signals, etc. I’d think the 4 is a lot easier to pick up & it’s his “natural” position, no?

here's what you said:

SimonSays said:
Anselem is explosive, bet Sidibe and him share a lot of time this season, especially if Sidibe is plagued with Injuries.

Didn't see any mention about Edwards. Not sure how Edwards starting with Sidibe backing him up = "Sidibe and [Anselem] share a lot of time this season..."
Well, I again *assumed* an educated SU fan would know that Edwards is our clear starter. Thus, I’d expect sidibe and anselem to share time backing him up.

I get what you’re saying, but the 2022 team isn’t looking very good if Benny is a one and done. It’s extremely light on shooting and scoring especially at the forward positions. Girard is going to be taking a ton of shots that season.
The coaches expect Benny and Jesse back. That is the foundation for a good team. throw in a sr Joe G and we will see.

Hope that's the case but CJ was a 4 star in the 80s and we had to beat out Florida, Louisville and Maryland to get him.

Last 10 years are guys ranked 150+ are:
Ron Patterson - 175
Chinoso Obokoh - 180
Bourama Sidibe - 190
Howard Washington - 289
Robert Braswell - 151
Buddy Boeheim - 349
Jesse Edwards - 198
Joe Girard - 202
John Bol Ajak - 480
Frank Anselem - 201

Chances aren't great that guys ranked down there are going to turn into rotation players unless they are unathletic, local white guys.

Other thing you can see is just how many of these guys we now have. Half of our scholarship guys on this years roster are on that list compared to only having 2 of them total in the 1st half of the years that I looked at.
That list isn't as bad as you make out. i get the unathletic white dig but the fact is that Buddy is a first team pre season all league player. Jesse looks just fine to me. Sid was hurt by injuries. Girard and Anselem are tbd. And people whined about the loss of Braswell. For that matter, we don't know what JBA will give us. I have no idea what brown will give us. And neither does anyone else.

Well, I again *assumed* an educated SU fan would know that Edwards is our clear starter. Thus, I’d expect sidibe and anselem to share time backing him up.

I "assumed" that someone who understood that Edwards was starting wouldn't:
  1. Neglect to mention him
  2. Claim that two other players would split time in the pivot with no reference to the player that educated SU fans know will likely start
  3. Offer no further clarification that you were talking about them splitting backup minutes
Did you also assume that people could read your mind?

You're off to a poor start, newb.

Last edited:
The good thing with all these commits...I would say about 1 is ready right now and the rest are all potential potential recruits...one or hopefully more will hit and really contribute. Maybe it will be Brown.

The coaches expect Benny and Jesse back. That is the foundation for a good team. throw in a sr Joe G and we will see.
We have been burnt so many times expecting guys back. Certainly hope so though. I still think we need more immediate impact guys for 2022 either way.

A couple things. I think on the player alone I like his size and he has a frame to add more. Shows good body control around the rim, uses both hands, goes in aggressive and has some nice dribble drive skills 10 feet in. Tape shows nice court vision also. Some nice passing. Yeah he isn’t raining 3s but kid looks pretty good and he has a 7 foot wingspan. Also Quincy, Marek and Griffin are gone. Sid is done after the upcoming season. We need some guys who can hit the boards, guys like Carey and Brown can do that. Since he is tight with Taylor it provides some likely stability. I get he isn’t flashy but give me a couple blue coller bangers under the hoop that have some athleticism any day. I think he is really a nice add if he comes our way. I am giving this pickup a little cowbell.
View attachment 208567
More cowbell

I "assumed" that someone who understood that Edwards was starting wouldn't:
  1. Neglect to mention him
  2. Claim that two other players would split time in the pivot with no reference to the player that educated SU fans know will likely start
  3. Offer no further clarification that you were talking about them splitting backup minutes
Did you also assume that people could read your mind?

You're off to a poor start, newb.
Really dude? I understood completely what he meant.

Really dude? I understood completely what he meant.

Good for you, dude.

Kudos for filling in the numerous blanks of what wasn't mentioned in the post.

Understanding completely what he meant is even more miraculous given what he stated didn't make any sense. Boeheim doesn't typically play 3 centers. In fact, the backup center is often a forward, because above all else JB defaults to playing guys he trusts. If Sidibe can go, then he's going to play the backup minutes -- or start. So how would Anselem "share time" with him, if Edwards is also going to play?

If Sidibe is injured and can't play then they also wouldn't "share time" -- Anselem will get the back up minutes, assuming Jimmy Jr. or Swider aren't given those minutes, which would relegate Anselem to the bench.

Last edited:
No.
Be shocked, and dumbfounded.

He's not remotely "ready" enough to be the C, but he's gonna have the skills to be a 4?
That makes zero sense.
Who said he’s not remotely ready at C? He’s been playing with Boo and Jesse at practice…

Good for you, dude.

Kudos for filling in the numerous blanks of what wasn't mentioned in the post.

Understanding completely what he meant is even more miraculous given what he stated didn't make any sense. Boeheim doesn't typically play 3 centers. If Sidibe can go, then he's going to play the backup minutes -- or start. So how would Anselem "split time" with him, if Edwards is also going to play? If Sidibe is injured and can't play then they also wouldn't "split time" -- Anselem will get the back up minutes, assuming Jimmy Jr. or Swider aren't given those minutes, which would relegate Anselem to the bench.
Cool man...you are over thinking.

The real cringeworthy part of your post was the whole "I'm better than you" newb comment. Thats what really got me.

He’s not entirely correct.

Any volume shooter can amass tons of posts. Real Alphas have a “Like to Post” ratio of three or higher.
Help Me Im Poor Donald Duck GIF

Those three will be key. Of course Symir, Frank and Cole would be great, too.

You'd hope but its certainly in JBs wheelhouse to start the SR who has started a lot of games even if he gets less mins than Edwards overall.
Rothstein reported Jesse has “all but” secured the spot

Cool man...you are over thinking.

The real cringeworthy part of your post was the whole "I'm better than you" newb comment. Thats what really got me.

THAT's what really got you? So, just to be clear -- you got triggered over me referring to someone with 5 posts a "newb," but your chivalrous sensibilities weren't bothered in the least by his "any educated SU fan" dig at me?

Just want to make sure I understand where the hypocritical line is being drawn here, to put "cringeworthy" in perspective.

High praise indeed
Harrell was a beast at Louisville. I hope the comparison is not because they both wear dreads. I don’t know if Montrez was a highly ranked recruit but if this kid is anything like him, then we’ll be golden.

This thread is about Maliq Brown. If you can’t post about him without resorting to personal attacks on other board members, please do not post in this thread.

This applies to everyone. Thanks.

Harrell was a beast at Louisville. I hope the comparison is not because they both wear dreads. I don’t know if Montrez was a highly ranked recruit but if this kid is anything like him, then we’ll be golden.

definitely not the dreads haha but that doesnt hurt. I think their very similar at this stage in regards to motor, agfressiveness, strength and a guy who will put up numbers without running plays for . And the best part is actually enjoying playing defense

definitely not the dreads haha but that doesnt hurt. I think their very similar at this stage in regards to motor, agfressiveness, strength and a guy who will put up numbers without running plays for . And the best part is actually enjoying playing defense

If he's 1/3 the player [not suggesting he can't or won't exceed that bar], we'll be happy and he'd be a great "get."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom