Class of 2025 - PG Camdyn Nelson (CT) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (2/10/24) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PG Camdyn Nelson (CT) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (2/10/24)

Camden,​

IMG_5651.gif

OFFERED> CAMDYN NELSON 2025 ST LUKES SCHOOL NEW CANAAN, CT
#11 ST LUKES #3 EMPIRE 5' 7" PG

https://images./image/upload/f_auto,q_auto,t_large/vd4oomjqcjmgtqmqcczi
https://nychoops./news/girls-ny-guard-set-for-huge-season-in-ct
Aasim Sullivan
Staff Writer
Camdyn Nelson ( St. Luke’s 26) is poised to have a huge season, after dominating all spring and summer with the Empire State Blue Flames. The talented guard has picked up two Division 1 offers this month and looks to keep her foot on the gas going into her sophomore season.
Nelson’s most recent offer has come from Villanova, who offered Nelson during a visit on Sunday. Nelson also receive an offer from Manhattan about a week before, along with having one from Monmouth as well.
At 5”7’, Nelson is displaying high basketball IQ and skill. She has tight ball handling abilities, which when paired with her ability to change speed , makes her a tough assignment. She also uses her length and soft touch to finish over defenders on the inside. Nelson has a smooth, consistent shot from beyond the arc, while impacting winning in many ways such as making hustle plays.
It will be interesting to see how Nelson’s game continues to develop as her recruitment is heating up.

ANOTHER CAB RECRUIT BY FLJ

TYPICAL SCORING WITH ST LUKES:
16 PTS, 6 RBD, 3 AST, 4 STL, 2 BLK VS HAMDEN HALL
13 PTS, 5 RBD, 1 AST, 4 STL VS GREEN FARMS SCHOOL
9 PTS, 7 RBD, 2 AST, 5 STL VS LAWRENCE ACADEMY
11 PTS, 5 RBD, 4 AST, 2 STL VS SACRED HEART
10 PTS, 5 RBD, 4 AST, 2 STL VS RYE

VERY AGGRESSIVE, NICE HANDLE, VERY SMOOTH SHOT IN CLOSE OR FROM 3 PT.
WOULD BE A GREAT PG FOR SU WOMENS BB :)

I'm going to have to trust the staff on this one. Maybe I am just missing it. Maybe she is a relatively late-bloomer. I don't doubt she is a D1 player but based on the highlights I am not sure she moves the needle in the direction of being an upper echelon program. Her other offers were solid but certainly not spectacular and she just doesn't seem to have the athleticism and skill that I thought SU would be attracting as the program improves.. I do wonder how the staff is envisioning the composition of the team going forward- totally different dynamic without Dyaisha doing Dyaisha things.

I'm going to have to trust the staff on this one. Maybe I am just missing it. Maybe she is a relatively late-bloomer. I don't doubt she is a D1 player but based on the highlights I am not sure she moves the needle in the direction of being an upper echelon program. Her other offers were solid but certainly not spectacular and she just doesn't seem to have the athleticism and skill that I thought SU would be attracting as the program improves.. I do wonder how the staff is envisioning the composition of the team going forward- totally different dynamic without Dyaisha doing Dyaisha things.
Her stats were going into her junior year. I do feel that the staff will start to get higher rated player but Coach Jack is looking for a certain type of player and character matters.

Her sister is at VT, where she appears to be redshirting her frosh season.

Mackenzie was Gatorade player of the year for Connecticut last season. She was ranked 65th in the class of 2023.

From what I have seen, Camdyn is a really good ball handler who can pass and has a sweet looking jumper. I suspect she is going to end up at least as good as her sister, which is high praise.

slhoopscamdynmackenzie225.jpg

Camdyn left Mackenzie right after they were the leading scorers in the state final game last season.

Nelson is recognized for her elite athleticism and exceptional perimeter defense, qualities that render her a significant asset. She excels in open space and maintains high tempo which enables her to exploit her speed to effectively attack the rim. Defensively, Nelson's impact is outstanding; her proactive engagement in passing lanes, augmented by her notable length and agility, makes her a constant threat, creating turnover opportunities. Offensively, while Nelson is a reliable shooter, she exhibits a high basketball IQ and strong decision-making skills by not settling for suboptimal shots. Instead, she opts to leverage her ability to drive to the rim when more advantageous opportunities present themselves. #ELITEisEARNED REPORT
https://twitter.com/WCGHoops/status/1756772799723741411/photo/1

I live in South Carolina and have been to a few South Carolina games. The athleticism and physicality of the upper echelon teams, is shocking compared to Syracuse. We need a dynamic point guard with some speed and handles. Remember how dynamic Tiana was? We need that caliber point moving forward.

I live in South Carolina and have been to a few South Carolina games. The athleticism and physicality of the upper echelon teams, is shocking compared to Syracuse. We need a dynamic point guard with some speed and handles. Remember how dynamic Tiana was? We need that caliber point moving forward.
Syracuse is 4-0 against teams that were ranked in the top 15 when they played them. We have a ways to go but no one measures up to South Carolina.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom