Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

Recently people have insinuated basketball money is getting reallocated because Fran may be overpromising.

What people? On social media? The biggest contributor to football NIL is that new football only NIL group that Fran pushes. Lallys group is all, if not close to it, football NIL. Orange Nation is for all sports and you can designate your donations to the sport of your choice or even to a specific player along with the general fund. I guess if my donation specific to basketball was going to football I’d be pretty pissed and push for them to be shut down.

Everyone talks about Billy Edelin as strictly a PG.
They forget about his game against Notre Dame who had a point guard who was supposed to be a 1st round pick.
After playing against Billy that went down the tubes. I think his last name was Thomas.
Billy Edelin was unstoppable vs Chris Thomas. Edelin scored 15 in a half taking Chris Thomas into the post and schooling him.

Watching highlights of our new transfer Davis, I was reminded of Edelin and his ability to dribble into his guy and post him up. Davis also has a similar over the shoulder shot, using his body to shield off the defender.

Of course, Edelin was playing against a sub 6' point guard, and Davis will be playing against ACC forwards and centers. But the move looks the same.

I'm disappointed I couldn't find any video of Edelin vs Thomas. Was 2003 the dark ages?

Billy Edelin was unstoppable vs Chris Thomas. Edelin scored 15 in a half taking Chris Thomas into the post and schooling him.

Watching highlights of our new transfer Davis, I was reminded of Edelin and his ability to dribble into his guy and post him up. Davis also has a similar over the shoulder shot, using his body to shield off the defender.

Of course, Edelin was playing against a sub 6' point guard, and Davis will be playing against ACC forwards and centers. But the move looks the same.

I'm disappointed I couldn't find any video of Edelin vs Thomas. Was 2003 the dark ages?
If you remember he punished a number of so called great Big 12 guards in that tournament.

Yeah. That little “bump” before he goes up for the shot really hinders the defender. Billy was great at it.

What is the what? He went to a Catholic school in Mt St Mary. Now he is visiting Nova. You don't know any people that like to go to Catholic schools. Really? You don't? For some people,their Religion is very important to them. I am surprised you don't know that.
U don’t know a thing about me. Lifelong traditional Catholic. My kids went to Catholic schools and colleges except for my son who went to Syracuse. I served on the board of our Diocesan schools.
You also don’t know a thing about the kids upbringing.
I respect u but this reaction is ingg insane.

People must have low opinions of Red and his intelligence if you genuinely believe he only hired the new assistant head coach so he could get what amounts to a one year rental on not even a top tier talent. I mean if you just stop and actually just think about that for a second.

U don’t know a thing about me. Lifelong traditional Catholic. My kids went to Catholic schools and colleges except for my son who went to Syracuse. I served on the board of our Diocesan schools.
You also don’t know a thing about the kids upbringing.
I respect u but this reaction is ingg insane.
No What was insane was you making a deal about something you know nothing about. I know a lot of people who would not think of going to any school other than a Catholic school. So, since you questioned what I was talking about..THAT WAS IT. Since you said you are Catholic as I am, I wonder why you would question that.

This thread is also turning….

bananas GIF

I also post on a private board of Syracuse fans. There is none of the nonsense that we are stuck with on this board. Most of the guys don't post on this board any longer. They are the smart ones.
How do you get in that private board?

How do you get in that private board?
Truthfully, we are very selective. At the end of every year, we have a nomination (of posters on this board) and see who we would like to ask to join us. If one person says no, that is it. But if everyone agrees, we ask the person if they would like to join. Only Alsacs has ever turned us down. And he wasn't really asked. I asked him if I could nominate him and he said he was already on a private board and that was enough for him.

Engelstad's record at Mt. St. Mary's was pretty awful. His resume wouldn't have gotten anywhere close to the top of the pile if a search firm had looked for someone.

I would have taken a chance on that young big man coach at IMG, who has connections to the NBA talent camp / program in Africa and has also been on the Nigeria national team.

If Engelstad is being hired for his bench experience, geez, it seems to me we could have found someone other than a guy whose only success as a head coach was in Division 3 seven or eight years ago.
Red hired him. That is enough you can say about it. Red must like something (other than his former point guard) to hire him.

Truthfully, we are very selective. At the end of every year, we have a nomination (of posters on this board) and see who we would like to ask to join us. If one person says no, that is it. But if everyone agrees, we ask the person if they would like to join. Only Alsacs has ever turned us down. And he wasn't really asked. I asked him if I could nominate him and he said he was already on a private board and that was enough for him.

I can't imagine your initiation process.

8247534.jpg

Been following you for a long time and enjoy your posts. This board has gone unhinged. I like the days when Dean Francis posted. You’re spot on with Leffee.