Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

Truthfully, we are very selective. At the end of every year, we have a nomination (of posters on this board) and see who we would like to ask to join us. If one person says no, that is it. But if everyone agrees, we ask the person if they would like to join. Only Alsacs has ever turned us down. And he wasn't really asked. I asked him if I could nominate him and he said he was already on a private board and that was enough for him.

I am now very sad I’ve never been asked to this private board despite having been on here since the previous version of the board as well as the pay board. Must have been my being at the forefront of knowing Shafer sucked and taking so much heat about it, then Babers.

So he goes from number 1 on Reds board to Cuse having second thoughts. It's possible. maybe the chemistry was off, or maybe Reds received wind of other potential players. Regardless this one seems different.

If we don't get him, it'll be ok. Overall, Red's getting the right kind of guys this window, at least in my opinion.

Thank you that's what I've tryed to get across. At Oak Billy averaged 20 pts a game, when necessary he would take over a game. Yes he looked for his teammates, but normally made the right play to score.

My recollection of Billy from HS is when he single-handedly beat LeBron James' HS team from Akron LeBron's JR year. He had some sick game, like 13-14 from the floor, something like that. He only missed one shot.

I also post on a private board of Syracuse fans. There is none of the nonsense that we are stuck with on this board. Most of the guys don't post on this board any longer. They are the smart ones.

La-De-Dah.
I heard the first rule of the private board was don't tell anyone there's a private board.
Guess you're stuck with us trailer trash now, Dasher.

Staff needs to go after Roach, Wagner and Fland. No one is promised a starting role or minutes. We should be able to land one of them take the keys from Mintz

Pass on Wagner, pass on Boogie Fland.

I am now very sad I’ve never been asked to this private board despite having been on here since the previous version of the board as well as the pay board. Must have been my being at the forefront of knowing Shafer sucked and taking so much heat about it, then Babers.
I'm putting my recruit stats behind a paywall until my invite is received in the mail.

I got roasted for saying it was too much of a coincidence.
You know why you got roasted. Because it is ridiculous. Leffew isn't Danny manning. You don't hire a coach for 500k for kid like that. Who we may not even get. No matter how many times you are told that Red and this guy have known each other for years. That's probably why.

If we don't get him, it'll be ok. Overall, Red's getting the right kind of guys this window, at least in my opinion.
I honestly don't think Leffew is all that great. Have said as much on this thread.

My biggest concern is not being able to get the guy we want, and have connections with.

Maybe we found a bigger fish that we found out was coming onto the market. I just have a tough time trusting anything within this program, given the last 10 years. Forgive me.

I honestly don't think Leffew is all that great. Have said as much on this thread.

My biggest concern is not being able to get the guy we want, and have connections with.

Maybe we found a bigger fish that we found out was coming onto the market. I just have a tough time trusting anything within this program, given the last 10 years. Forgive me.
I think waiting to see this play out first, would be a good move for all of us lol.

Personally, my gut tells me Leffew commits here, for whatever that’s worth anyway!

Per Xavier’s podcast they have plenty of NIL and he is one of their two top guard target. They are supposedly looking at him as their 2, but their 1 may still enter the portal.

I think waiting to see this play out first, would be a good move for all of us lol.

Personally, my gut tells me Leffew commits here, for whatever that’s worth anyway!
Fair enough.

We really should t be waiting around for a Mt St Marys player when DJ Wagner and other players have entered the portal and are better players…Red was supposed to hit the portal hard is what I was told this offseason and I haven’t seen it. We should be looking to build a championship level roster every year.

Last edited:
Villanova is more desperate and has more NIL than us in general
Even if they do it’s all a waste as long as Neptune is running the show. That apparent 4 mill they spent (which I think is an exaggeration) barely got them over .500 and a 7 seed in the Big East.

There are plenty of good point guards available right now. It is important to remember that some players might enter the portal at the last moment due to NIL commitments. Syracuse isn’t cooked yet.

We really should t be waiting around for a Mt St Marys player when DJ Wagner and other players have entered the portal and are better players…Red was supposed to hit the portal hard is what I was told this offseason and I haven’t seen it. We should be looking to build a championship level roster every year.
Here’s most likely the problem -

You know nothing about Lafeww and haven’t heard of him until 2 weeks ago. You heard DJ Wagners name because we recruited him out of HS.

It’s possible Red knows more about Lafeww than you do? It’s possible he thinks he’s a better fit for his system? It’s possible he knows more about what type of player he wants?

How the hell do you know that Wagner is a “championship level player” but Lafeww isn’t? Lafeww has proven way more at this level, and it isn’t even close

Here’s most likely the problem -

You know nothing about Lafeww and haven’t heard of him until 2 weeks ago. You heard DJ Wagners name because we recruited him out of HS.

It’s possible Red knows more about Lafeww than you do? It’s possible he thinks he’s a better fit for his system? It’s possible he knows more about what type of player he wants?

How the hell do you know that Wagner is a “championship level player” but Lafeww isn’t? Lafeww has proven way more at this level, and it isn’t even close
Still waiting to hear what this mystery system is.

Beginning of the Fall 2024 semester.

We didn't get a commitment from Andrew White until NYS Fair week.
well regardless the good players will decide soon so waiting just hurts the chances of building a good team

???? How do you know who is better? Because out of high school Wagner was considered much better? That is meaningless now. Red went out and got us a center. He added a quality forward. Now, we are shopping for the pt. Red has watched tons of film on these guys. Have you? Let it play out.

Nope. Kenny turned us down once when we would have won the title in a walk with him. He loses. We move on without him. Marbury as well.
Them two that went to GTech got some bags thanks to Crooked Cremins.

Truthfully, we are very selective. At the end of every year, we have a nomination (of posters on this board) and see who we would like to ask to join us. If one person says no, that is it. But if everyone agrees, we ask the person if they would like to join. Only Alsacs has ever turned us down. And he wasn't really asked. I asked him if I could nominate him and he said he was already on a private board and that was enough for him.
I appreciate that you continue to post in this forum, even though this place has appeared to take a turn for the worse in recent years. I bet there are a lot of people like me who don’t post all that often (b/c we have no desire for the drama), but who love seeing what folks like you have to share.