Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

Selective memory runs deep in this thread. Here are some facts.

In 32 games, JJ had 3 or more turnovers 7 times. The most he had in any one game was 4.

Copeland also had 7 games with 3 or more turnovers. His worst games were 6 turnovers, twice.

And, finally, Judah has 17 games with 3 or more turnovers, including 7 games where he had 5 or 6 turnovers.

JJ is less prone to turnovers than the other 2 volume ball handlers we had last year.
This comparison is like saying Chris Bell is a better rebounder than McLeod because he had 75 rebounds and McLeod only had 60.

This comparison is like saying Chris Bell is a better rebounder than McLeod because he had 75 rebounds and McLeod only had 60.
Maybe Bell should spend some time at the 5 so we can sell Brown on the 3/4. It's never too late.

how many assists did JJ have?

I cant remember a single passs he made all season

meanwhile, without even trying I can think of at least 10 passes by Q and Judah

JJ's turnovers in the last 2 most important games of the year were horrific

i just want a PG and not a 5th shooting guard...for this roster...is that too much to ask?
Well JJ had the worst Ast/TO margin of the 3 so that should probably clear things up you'd think but guess just total turnovers is the way to go on this one since the 3 all had the ball in their hands an equal amount of time.

Maybe Bell should spend some time at the 5 so we can sell Brown on the 3/4. It's never too late.
Well he did manage to have more than 2 rebounds in 12 of 32 games this year and that's more than McLeod did so guess it makes sense.

We WILL get another guard. We SHOULD get another forward, too.

Everyone in this thread is saying that JJ isn't good enough to play point, if he has to, when he was the most secure guy with the ball among our 3 most ball-dominant guards.

That's why people make comparisons. To try to take the subjectivity out of some of these H0T Takes.
I just don't think that's true. He had fewer turnovers because he wasn't actually trying to create for anyone. If you pass the ball more, you're likely to turn it over more. JJ's assist percentage was lower than Maliq's (okay, Maliq is a good passer relative to big men) and also lower than Benny Williams'. Simply looking at turnovers per ____ possessions doesn't really tell us who takes care of the ball best because it doesn't tell us what kind of possessions they're getting.

Between JJ, Judah, and Copeland, JJ is the only one who was more likely to turn the ball over than to assist someone. When JJ was on the bench, we turned it over less and assisted more. In fact, our lineup with Judah and Copeland on the floor and JJ off was our best combination in terms of creating offense while taking care of the ball and was pretty remarkable overall.

Lineups.jpg

Maybe it's just me getting older or maybe it's just twitter getting worse, but the amount of 12 year olds that claim to be recruiting experts has increased exponentially in the past couple of years.

As the NIL expanded there are probably more people that know stuff now than ever before. Not saying the people on twitter know just in general with more hands in the kitchen the more information that will get leaked.

I think Nova is aiming for bigger fish for the starting guard spots than Leffew
And the fact that this is happening, shows me all I need to know about the NIL situation that many people on this board said "was fine".

If Villanova is out-doing us, it isn't fine. Not even close to fine.

"Grown closer"? He was this close yesterday, today he's thisclose.

Funny thing consider it’s a post in Cuse gear reaching out to Cuse fans on his IG…

And the fact that this is happening, shows me all I need to know about the NIL situation that many people on this board said "was fine".

Well they can outdo us on NIL but whiffed on their coach choice. They are back to the same Nova they always were before Wright

It depends right? The NIL isn't an unlimited pot of money it is a budget. Say we have a budget of 2.5 million per year and Nova has a budget of 2.0 million per year. We could have used up 2 million of our 2.5 million budget on JJ - Bell - Freeman - Lampkin - Davis - Westry etc and only have 500k left. Nova probably has more left to give to players because they don't have people already taking money like we do. So in turn Nova can offer Leffew more NIL but that doesn't mean our NIL situation is worse than Nova's.

It depends right? The NIL isn't an unlimited pot of money it is a budget. Say we have a budget of 2.5 million per year and Nova has a budget of 2.0 million per year. We could have used up 2 million of our 2.5 million budget on JJ - Bell - Freeman - Lampkin - Davis - Westry etc and only have 500k left. Nova probably has more left to give to players because they don't have people already taking money like we do. So in turn Nova can offer Leffew more NIL but that doesn't mean our NIL situation is worse than Nova's.
This is the last time I'm going to speak on NIL because some people refuse to believe it. Villanova has a larger budget than Syracuse period. Our basketball NIL is by no means a "problem" for us but with that being said we also have major room for improvement. There are schools that have more than double our budget.

Last edited:
This is the last time I'm going to speak on NIL because some people refuse to believe it. Villanova has a larger budget than Syracuse period. Our basketball NIL is by no means a "problem" for us but with that being said we also have major room for improvement. There are schools that have double our budget.
That’s pretty much common sense. We can all name schools with a higher budget Nil. And Nova has no football so hoops is getting bread, ya dig.