Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

Do we know that’s what the Zags are looking for in him? Looks more like they want a starting SG with PG skills based on their roster
I would expect Nembhard and Hickman (maybe he transfers) to be slotted as the starting backcourt still.

I would expect Nembhard and Hickman (maybe he transfers) to be slotted as the starting backcourt still.
Possibly or they slot him next to those two with the lack of a 3 there and all the size they have already in that frontcourt plus Watson is leaving.

No, the Ivy League is not as big a jump as the MAAC.

ACC was #5 in conference strength according to Ken Pom.

Ivy League was #13.

MAAC was #25.

Huge difference.
I hear you. The point of my post was that that jump from playing in the Ivy to the ACC is still a big jump in competition regardless of the relative comparison to other leagues.

At this point if the kid is good enough to,play at Gonzaga he’s probably good enough to play for Syracuse, regardless of where he comes from. Pretty straight forward, IMO
We also don’t know if he’s even good enough to start at Gonzaga…. We know he can play MAAC level ball. The Wac is a lot better than the MAAC though. It’s not just some given he’s another Gonzaga caliber player just because they’re interested, transfers don’t always pan out.

Based on the options actually available that we have any knowledge of us having interest and a chance at, he’s probably the best option but there’s still time and portalers to come.

Agreed. Unless Westry plays a hybrid 3/alternate ball handler role like Q this year, we currently have just Freeman and Bell for forwards. Adding a kid like Jayre Davis would be great as a 3rd F, then maybe another big guy thay could play the 4/5 for some small ball off the bench? Not sure how much Red plans to play McLeod this year. I don't think McLeod should get much more than 12min a game. And it sounds like big E is a sub 30 min a game guy unless his conditioning improves. I'm sure Red has it all planned out.
Lampkin played 28 minutes per game last year, after playing 22 each of the previous years at TCU.

McLeod averaged 15 mpg before his injury, and that was the most he's played.

That said, they will likely take up all the meaningful center minutes if healthy.

Patterson will be our emergency/garbage time center.

But our scholarship forwards right now are Freeman, Bell and Westry. We need somebody who can be 4th string center and backup power forward. We don't want Bell trying to guard anybody ACC power forwards if we have any choice.

Assuming no more defections at this late a date, replacing Mintz and getting a forward who can play but doesn't mind being down in the rotation are our goals.

I like the idea of a really good lower division guy who has a single elite talent like rebounding or on ball defense that can help us in limited minutes.

Or a really raw young transfer who has huge potential but little in the way of current basketball skills.

Lampkin/McLeod
Freeman/ Transfer
Bell/Westry
Starling/Moore
Transfer/Cuffe

Depending on the quality of the transfer guard coming in, I think we can be ok if that's our two deep. Maybe even really good. I'm getting more excited about Freeman after hearing how well he did at the McDonald's shenanigans.

Interestingly enough Leffew is a 4 star transfer that is ranked 110th on the transfer portal rankings for ON3. Quadir is 153.
He’s higher (in the 80s) on The Athletics’ top 100 transfers ranking. That’s Sam Vecenie, who’s a good evaluator.

Lampkin played 28 minutes per game last year, after playing 22 each of the previous years at TCU.

McLeod averaged 15 mpg before his injury, and that was the most he's played.

That said, they will likely take up all the meaningful center minutes if healthy.

Patterson will be our emergency/garbage time center.

But our scholarship forwards right now are Freeman, Bell and Westry. We need somebody who can be 4th string center and backup power forward. We don't want Bell trying to guard anybody ACC power forwards if we have any choice.

Assuming no more defections at this late a date, replacing Mintz and getting a forward who can play but doesn't mind being down in the rotation are our goals.

I like the idea of a really good lower division guy who has a single elite talent like rebounding or on ball defense that can help us in limited minutes.

Or a really raw young transfer who has huge potential but little in the way of current basketball skills.

Lampkin/McLeod
Freeman/ Transfer
Bell/Westry
Starling/Moore
Transfer/Cuffe

Depending on the quality of the transfer guard coming in, I think we can be ok if that's our two deep. Maybe even really good. I'm getting more excited about Freeman after hearing how well he did at the McDonald's shenanigans.

Now that we have an actual center, we would be in great shape if Maliq came back.

I’d keep an eye out here….

I like this kids game - snag Leffew and Davis and there are two spots left… wonder where else we add depth…

As a backup guard, im fine with. If starting guard, i’m concerned

Based on what I heard from someone here in DC who is connected to Mack today the numbers his camp is looking for is absurd and not worth it. I like Leffew over most options after Mack that aren’t Reynolds.

Looks like once again we are doing the combo route. I think he will be a solid player, but not sure we are
improving this offseason with these additions.

Looks like once again we are doing the combo route. I think he will be a solid player, but not sure we are

Once you take Mack off the table and Reynolds is not an option either it’s combo or bust anyway honestly. We look to be adding some toughness, guys who move the ball, rebounding and finally hopefully a true alpha in Donnie. I think that puts us in a better spot if other guys improve. Curious if we add another backup PG like the Hofstra kid too.

Agreed. I think we’ll be better, but how much?