Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

I don't see a starting PG with one year of eligibility left deciding to come to Syracuse to be a backup.

Maybe if we take his sister hostage or his girlfriend is a student here and he loves Dino BBQ...
okay but that last scenario isn’t that crazy…. Maybe we toss a couple gift cards and call it a deal??? It’s gotta work ITS GOTTA

I hope that’s not the case
So, what skills does this new assistant bring that will be beneficial to Red?

Is he an established recruiter, is he a big man coach or a guard oriented coach?

Is he willing to get down in the dirt to do high school recruiting?

Red does not need another assistant head coach/administrator!

He needs a coach that can coach one of the skilled position as well as put in the hours needed to identify and recruit players.

If we hired an assistant coach to get a one-year rental PG from Mt St Mary's...what a joke that would be.

No way … can’t see that being the case. He has HC experience and was a winner at the D2 level and an NCAA appearance with MSM in the Covid year so definitely brings some coaching chops. Guessing he coaches the guards he was a very good D3 PG and his schools all time leader in assists.

Wow, that is just not the case.
Tongue and cheek with the second comment.

Just was not impressed w/ him as others. We will see now because it is a done deal at this point.

I think you guys are looking at this backwards. I'm guessing Red got involved with Leffew because he was already talking to Coach Engelstad. Red knew he would need to fill a vacancy well before the news was posted here.

So, what skills does this new assistant bring that will be beneficial to Red?

Is he an established recruiter, is he a big man coach or a guard oriented coach?

Is he willing to get down in the dirt to do high school recruiting?

Red does not need another assistant head coach/administrator!

He needs a coach that can coach one of the skilled position as well as put in the hours needed to identify and recruit players.

Six years as a head coach. So you have a guy who can help him with in-game decisions. He also made an NCAA tournament.

Well, typical Red. For me anyway, this is out of the blue. I was very, very, confidant about Leffew before this. Now, LOL, ...

Geez. Six years as head coach and never a winning record. Averages 6 games a year under .500.

Tongue and cheek with the second comment.

Just was not impressed w/ him as others. We will see now because it is a done deal at this point.
They must like him just signed his coach as the mew assistant. Package deal maybe?