Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

Back to Leffew...is the expectation a decision after this weekend?
How will he like ☔️? Though Syracuse is paradise compared to Emmitsburg. They do have an excellent Catholic seminary but think the priesthood is out

Yeah I don't think expecting to at least be on the bubble in Year 2 is asking to turn water into wine. But seems like a bridge to far for some.
I think it's dependent on multiple factors. Lots of potential outcomes. Not to play the if game but there's more than a few of them: If Benny didn't go off the deep end and experienced reasonable year over year growth and if Judah played with a bit more maturity, if Westry was not hurt, if Edwards father had not pushed his son to WVU, if our new center had not been injured, if Copeland was not disrespecting the staff, if Brown was played at his better position, if Taylor didn't have his confidence go off a cliff, yadda yadda. My point here is allot of things can derail success and there was/were some paths to a bubble or NCAA run but man that is a scheeet ton of headwinds to overcome for any coach. Now Red is resetting the blue line so to speak. New staff, new players, hopefully better composition, better team first attitudes, stud 5 star recruit. I mean I think he is doing what we would hope he is doing.

I think it's dependent on multiple factors. Lots of potential outcomes. Not to play the if game but there's more than a few of them: If Benny didn't go off the deep end and experienced reasonable year over year growth and if Judah played with a bit more maturity, if Westry was not hurt, if Edwards father had not pushed his son to WVU, if our new center had not been injured, if Copeland was not disrespecting the staff, if Brown was played at his better position, if Taylor didn't have his confidence go off a cliff, yadda yadda. My point here is allot of things can derail success and there was/were some paths to a bubble or NCAA run but man that is a scheeet ton of headwinds to overcome for any coach. Now Red is resetting the blue line so to speak. New staff, new players, hopefully better composition, better team first attitudes, stud 5 star recruit. I mean I think he is doing what we would hope he is doing.
I blame myself.

If we're going to be a mediocre program, all good.

But the excuses have to end at some point. If Leffew is great and blows up, awesome. But at some point Parcells' "you are what your record says you are" has to come into play.

And the other issue is that these portal guys that are ok and maybe have upside to pop aren't walking in to play with the same guys that portaled over to UConn or Tennessee. Chris Bell and JJ and Cuffe and McCleod aren't amazing players.

We are relying on portal guys to be top line starters or hoping our average players become stars.
There are many ways to win.

Some people need to just flush last season. I'm not saying it shouldn't count on Red's ledger, but it's time to move forward. With free transfers, re-recruiting the parts of the roster that are worth retaining and keeping an eye out for contributors to either supplement your team or make up for those you lose are everyday requirements of the job.

I don't think any sane people are asking for an immediate return to 28-win seasons, but Red needs to get this thing to where the last five regular season games aren't about whether we'll be in our out but rather what seed we'll be.

I don’t want to be playing him in a Pitt jersey next year. I’ll be quite happy to keep our Pitt win streak going.

I thought Red did was great considering the pieces. That team last year was not a tourney team. The IFs were embedded in the fabric of the team. There was always going to be IFs. So yeah, no huge beef with Red this season at all.

Going forward into this offseason..I expected to get some better pieces in the offseason and not lose Brown. I can accept losing Brown and gaining Lampkin's skills if it mean we got a high level PG who could play D to replace some of what Brown gave us. IF (and I say IF because maybe we get more parts, maybe we get someone else, etc so lay off with the "WE DON'T EVEN KNOW YET...it's just a discussion) the answers are Leffew and Davis, imo, the only way we are better next year than we were this year is if Bell and JJ both make tremendous leaps ON BOTH ENDS OF THE FLOOR. We tend to forget defense here sometimes.

...and I have questions on both. That's my concern. If Freeman turns out to be some once-a-decade type Freshman, that would work too. The odds are based on the current status of freshman stars in college basketball, he won't be, but we can all hope. The lottery the last couple of years is littered with 1-and-Done's with early NCAA exits or no NCAA at all.

I understand the idea that an older, more disciplined, buying into the plan, etc team will help Red. I just don't know if the talent is at the level of these other teams we've seen be successful. Almost like we're building last's year's Pitt team with Bub Carrington/Hinson/some ok low level talent. That team didn't make the tourney.

Some people need to just flush last season. I'm not saying it shouldn't count on Red's ledger, but it's time to move forward. With free transfers, re-recruiting the parts of the roster that are worth retaining and keeping an eye out for contributors to either supplement your team or make up for those you lose are everyday requirements of the job.

I don't think any sane people are asking for an immediate return to 28-win seasons, but Red needs to get this thing to where the last five regular season games aren't about whether we'll be in our out but rather what seed we'll be.

If you want to flush last season for Red, then I don’t think you realize what he accomplished with this particular group of players. Honestly, I can’t wait for next season when he has a team that is listening to the coaching staff.

I'll take being on the Bubble watch every week next year. Not the pretend way we were this year. trust me, I bought into it too...but we weren't close. NC State did what we did and it was said that they literally had to win the finals to get in.

Why not 28 wins? Let's not act like this would be some insane achievement.

24-7 regular season.

2 wins in the ACC tournament.
2 wins in the NCAA tournament.

We've got a lot of good players.

Lampkin, Freeman, Bell, Starling and Leffew, they'll win a few.

Davis, McLeod, Westry, Cuffe and Moore, let's go to war.

Why not 28 wins? Let's not act like this would be some insane achievement.

24-7 regular season.

2 wins in the ACC tournament.
2 wins in the NCAA tournament.

We've got a lot of good players.

Lampkin, Freeman, Bell, Starling and Leffew, they'll win a few.

Davis, McLeod, Westry, Cuffe and Moore, let's go to war.
Niastri spitting bars.

Flush? it was one of the best regular seasons in the last decade.should be celebrated