Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

Then why question that we have a board that is flexible?
Everyone has a board that changes, or they won't be coaching long in the NIL era. Wouldn't blame Red if he moves on from this player.
Even if he is top on their board, you either get a commitment or move on.

How do you know they have more NIL than we do?
They spent $1.2-$1.5M on 4 players last year, with all 4 players already gone by this offseason

Everyone has a board that changes, or they won't be coaching long in the NIL era. Wouldn't blame Red if he moves on from this player.
Even if he is top on their board, you either get a commitment or move on.
Well, you do that enough, you have a lousy team. It's sales. And people are on their time frame, not yours. We can't wait forever but he was here this past weekend. Who do you want to move on to? The Hofstra kid? Do you think that is wise? 2 days after he was here because he hasn't commited yet? I don't agree with that at all.

They spent $1.2-$1.5M on 4 players last year, with all 4 players already gone by this offseason
How do you know the amount? How do you know what we have? We had a poster last fall say that we couldn't compete in NIL for football. He said we couldn't compete with Wake Forrest. Now, all of a sudden, we are getting high ranked kids all over the country. We don't know what we have or don't have. and we sure don't know what other schools have.

How do you know the amount? How do you know what we have? We had a poster last fall say that we couldn't compete in NIL for football. He said we couldn't compete with Wake Forrest. Now, all of a sudden, we are getting high ranked kids all over the country. We don't know what we have or don't have. and we sure don't know what other schools have.
You may not know/believe but other people know on a national scale

Boeheim was pretty openly discussing NIL numbers as was JW with meetings with donors. They didn’t specifically disclose our budget during my interactions but they were fairly clear that we didn’t spend the same 2M that creighton did this year and we needed to catch up. We’ve definitely done a lot of work on FB. I don’t know how we’re doing in basketball. But you don’t need much in basketball. 2-4M is plenty. Football needs 5-10.

What am I missing with the Hofstra kid? 6.5 A/game, good A/T ratio, slightly worse but not bad PER (compared to leffew), played against a better schedule according to CB Reference, same amount of win shares as leffew, 34% from 3, 85% from the line and hes an all conference defender. Is the issue he is six feet tall, I assume that obviously drove a portion of his woeful FG% but I'm not sure why he is a disaster?

NIL numbers around the country are no where near as secret or unknown as you think. He’s correct in saying Villanova has more money than us.

Boeheim was pretty openly discussing NIL numbers as was JW with meetings with donors. They didn’t specifically disclose our budget during my interactions but they were fairly clear that we didn’t spend the same 2M that creighton did this year and we needed to catch up. We’ve definitely done a lot of work on FB. I don’t know how we’re doing in basketball. But you don’t need much in basketball. 2-4M is plenty. Football needs 5-10.
2-4 million is what Mark Hayes target for Orange United is. Recently people have insinuated basketball money is getting reallocated because Fran may be overpromising.

Any person asking for money, would be terrible at it, if they said, hey, we have more than enough. Oh, could you give us even more please? No. You say we are behind. We have to catch up. That is sales 101. Does St Jude ever say, we really don't need any more money? It might or it might not be true.

How? Someone leaking this from the Syracuse NIL side? Or the Nova side? If they have so much money, why haven't they signed a guy as good as Freeman in the last 2 cycles?

Plus Nova has a boatload more question marks going into next year than we do- right now the open PG spot pretty much completes the primary rotation so he would slot into a nearly complete team minus any additional pieces that are added to fill out the roster. It would be an interesting choice if he picked Nova especially with so many guards they have and no real clear picture of what kind of team they could have.

NIL numbers around the country are no where near as secret or unknown as you think. He’s correct in saying Villanova has more money than us.
They might. And they might not. With that money, why haven't they signed a recruit as good as Freeman in the last 2 , not one, cycles?

Plus Nova has a boatload more question marks going into next year than we do- right now the open PG spot pretty much completes the primary rotation so he would slot into a nearly complete team minus any additional pieces that are added to fill out the roster. It would be an interesting choice if he picked Nova especially with so many guards they have and no real clear picture of what kind of team they could have.
You know what we don't know, whether Nova being a Catholic school gives them a edge.

They might. And they might not. With that money, why haven't they signed a recruit as good as Freeman in the last 2 , not one, cycles?
They are, even though you don’t believe it. Villanova spent a boat load in the portal last year.

2-4 million is what Mark Hayes target for Orange United is. Recently people have insinuated basketball money is getting reallocated because Fran may be overpromising.
You know, I wondered if that was a possibility. I don't know if that is true, but I could see it happening. After all, we have heard of it happening at other schools.