Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

Not being argumentative, but Cadeau and O’Connell averaged fewer assists than Judah and Pedulla only 0.2 more. What makes them more of a “true point guard” than Judah? And to be fair, I would include the freshman from Ga. Tech on the list.

No reason to clarify. I don't take debating basketball stuff as an argument. We're just shooting the shtt here.

Judah did avg more, but I believe both O'Connell and Cadeau had better Per 40 APGs. So when they DID play, they successfully passed for an assist per min better than Judah.

As others said, being a combo guard isn't necessary a bad thing. Burton for ND is an outstanding combo. I just don't think it worked with the construct of the team for us. Nor will it next year. Need a creator.

Here is something I know for certain. Leffew is #1 on our board. Yes, we have a board. So, if we don't get him, we are going to get a guy that our coaches wanted less than Leffew. That, is a concern for me.
Not a statement directed at you, Dash but if money is the reason Syracuse loses Leffew then there is nothing we can do about it right now. New players are in the portal almost daily. Perhaps our next point guard is aaaround the corner if we don’t get Leffew.

Not a statement directed at you, Dash but if money is the reason Syracuse loses Leffew then there is nothing we can do about it right now. New players are in the portal almost daily. Perhaps our next point guard is aaaround the corner if we don’t get Leffew.
It won't be the end of the world and someone "better" might be around the corner. But I would take Leffew and call it a day if I had my way. Which I don't.

It won't be the end of the world and someone "better" might be around the corner. But I would take Leffew and call it a day if I had my way. Which I don't.
Even if Leffew signs, Syracuse can‘t call it a day because we still need a backup point guard because we wre unsure about Westry recovering from injury and no other guard seems to have a good handle.

Even if Leffew signs, Syracuse can‘t call it a day because we still need a backup point guard because we wre unsure about Westry recovering from injury and no other guard seems to have a good handle.
Are the coaches unsure? I am sure they know what they are doing

Isn’t that a recruiting violation lol
Nobody knows anymore.

I guess we'll find out when the NCAA rules him ineligible and some court in Indiana roles they can't do that anymore in Indiana.

I wonder what Plan B is if we don't get Leffew. I'm sure they don't want to get into a bidding war.

I wonder what Plan B is if we don't get Leffew. I'm sure they don't want to get into a bidding war.
Something seemed off with that team this year and the reasonable amount of talent they had.

Get overpaid to join maybe an NIT roster at Nova ? I mean if winning doesn’t matter anymore so be it

Listen the portal can give and the portal can take. Right or wrong it's free agency in college and these guys have agencies representing them and I am sure are being told to play the game to increase value. No one should be surprised that players are looking to maximize here. If it takes 3 or 4 visits to get the schools to sweeten the pot, then that's good business if he gets paid. If schools find alternatives, then great.