Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

Ok, What are we doing here? Were going crazy over a kid that lead his team to a 13-19 record (9-11 conference) shot 43% on 16 shots a game, 3.9 assists to 2.9 turnovers? And this kid wants 200,000- 500,000 dollars? I may need to tap out on college athletics.

1- I think/expect Syracuse to do better than this. It just shows how much I think we have fallen, and it’s very disheartening. We literally have 0 PG right now. It should not be difficult to entice a kid to come to Syracuse. One of the top 10 programs in the history of college basketball to be the lead guard? Maybe top 15.

2- Maybe this kid is a great player. I honestly have never seen him play. I just can’t muster up the excitement anymore. This kid is not ranked as a high transfer. His stats are suspect. May be a great kid and thrive with a high level opportunity. But we are acting like this kid is a must get? It’s not that I’m super down on the kid, it’s the fact I can’t believe that this type of player is rumored to be in a bidding war for his services. If he is getting this, I can’t imagine what the top guards are asking, demanding. It just makes me sick.

Ok, What are we doing here? Were going crazy over a kid that lead his team to a 13-19 record (9-11 conference) shot 43% on 16 shots a game, 3.9 assists to 2.9 turnovers? And this kid wants 200,000- 500,000 dollars? I may need to tap out on college athletics.

1- I think/expect Syracuse to do better than this. It just shows how much I think we have fallen, and it’s very disheartening. We literally have 0 PG right now. It should not be difficult to entice a kid to come to Syracuse. One of the top 10 programs in the history of college basketball to be the lead guard? Maybe top 15.

2- Maybe this kid is a great player. I honestly have never seen him play. I just can’t muster up the excitement anymore. This kid is not ranked as a high transfer. His stats are suspect. May be a great kid and thrive with a high level opportunity. But we are acting like this kid is a must get? It’s not that I’m super down on the kid, it’s the fact I can’t believe that this type of player is rumored to be in a bidding war for his services. If he is getting this, I can’t imagine what the top guards are asking, demanding. It just makes me sick.
That's where I am, however I've been told that this kid is #1 on our list. Which isn't very encouraging to me. And if we can't get him as our #1 target, that is all the more discouraging.

Not feeling warm fuzzies here for some reason...

I agree. Usually when things get public and the kids (right or wrong) are trying to get their 15 minutes we usually don't come out on top. Hopefully that changes because Red clearly wanted him as he was Red's #1 target at PG.

Like I said earlier. Some posters said he wanted to come here so he became the savior. He is Judah 2.0. I'd take the hofstra kid 100 times out of 100

Meanwhile some of the top options people are salivating over a bit too much too. Mack is a nice player but proven? No. Young? Yes. 170 lbs?? That didn’t exactly help us with Judah that size.

Most if not all the options out there have some of the same concerns other than playing at bigger schools with a bigger on paper resume. It’s worth watching some of his games if you have time.

Ultimately it’s about fit and scouting from our staff. They either get it right or they don’t but I trust the folks who’ve shared that this staff has put the work in to scout who they want vs who is the sexiest name the way fans see it.

Like I said earlier. Some posters said he wanted to come here so he became the savior. He is Judah 2.0. I'd take the hofstra kid 100 times out of 100

Hofstra kid could be a decent option but he’s a step down from Leffew once you watch tape. Not to mention he immediately is one of the smallest starting PGs in the ACC. That said I do like his game.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure those #'s have gone up.

We’ll this is a very recent average. As collectives get better funded, bidding will increase.

Also realize that $75k is for rank and file guys. The more they improve, win all conference honors, etc, of course their value is going up to the 7 figures amounts for aa’s

I have no problem with the gaming around and #notcommitted posts for high schoolers, but IMO it's extremely goofy for guys in the transfer portal to do that.

Available spots can quickly fill. It’s a game of chicken and musical chairs.

So if every player on the team received the minimum we are ooking at 6.3 million a year that boosters have to come up with for just the absolute minimum. multiply that by what????? 5 or 6 to get the middle guys and stars? 37 million dollars on top of scholarships room & board, etc. ?

Well you don’t pay the same to everyone. You have to allocate your budget just like a GM. You don’t pay a long snapper the same as an LB, but you might have a set amount for OLs, like Texas A&M giving their guys $75k each. Offer bonuses for success metrics.

I like it when guys with 800 Twitter followers pretend they have intel.
5bf80448-4909-4a8e-830d-4309b0528497_text.gif

It's crazy how bent out of shape some folks get over a college kid having some fun.

And at the same time how they’ll act at an 8 year olds sport event towards the 18 year old or 60 year old referee.