Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 87 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

I know this isn't going to be popular, but my sense is that this kid is all about himself. Didn't we just get rid of some guys that put themselves in front of the team.

Also, as I posted earlier I bet we are done with Guards. I hope we bring in a kid that is a scoring forward and another big

Have fun with a backcourt that had a losing record in the MAAC, Georgia!

Saw this coming a mile away. When recruitments get dragged on and on it usually doesn’t end well for us. Sometimes we win those battles but majority of the time it doesn’t end in our favor. Hence why a lot of us were saying to move on days ago.

Saw this coming a mile away. When recruitments get dragged on and on it usually doesn’t end well for us. Sometimes we win those battles but majority of the time it doesn’t end in our favor. Hence why a lot of us were saying to move on days ago.
Agree 1000 percent when everyone thought he had committed to us a few days ago and it didn’t happen….im more concerned that a lower teir Georgia team beat us out in NiL against us and we now have his head coach as our assistant. Not a good start for our new assistant head coach who at least the windfall is you get your own former player…

Lol some of you simply don't have the stomach for this.
Exactly. How would we move on? Would we call the kid and tell him hey, we are out. The offer is off the table? That would be ridiculous. Do we call other guards? I would bet we were already doing that. Anything in my life that was worth having, was tough to get.

Last edited:
I know this isn't going to be popular, but my sense is that this kid is all about himself. Didn't we just get rid of some guys that put themselves in front of the team.

Also, as I posted earlier I bet we are done with Guards. I hope we bring in a kid that is a scoring forward and another big
Man I think we need another guard.

Agree 1000 percent when everyone thought he had committed to us a few days ago and it didn’t happen….im more concerned that a lower teir Georgia team beat us out in NiL against us and we now have his head coach as our assistant. Not a good start for our new assistant head coach who at least the windfall is you get your own former player…
It wasn't a package deal. No matter how many times you have to be told.

Well now we get to see all those plans the staff was working on in the background when they definitely were not waiting on Leffew, unless Carlos is the plan

Seems like the season kinda hinges on finding an acc caliber point guard.

And to be clear I really hope and expect Red has something cooking, I was never sold on Leffew. With the number of guys in the portal the starting pg spot at Syracuse should draw interest unless the NIL is not very competitive.

This is wildly unfair to Engelstadt. You have no idea what the dynamics were behind the scenes.

Again, it’s been stated that there wasn’t a correlation between bringing in the coach and Leffew. In addition, Georgia money is still Georgia/SEC money regardless of it it’s basketball or football.

IMO we dodged a bullet here. Bad news this one.

Again, it’s been stated that there wasn’t a correlation between bringing in the coach and Leffew. In addition, Georgia money is still Georgia/SEC money regardless of it it’s basketball or football.
There should of been a correlation though that’s the point…

I consider Carlos to be more of a true PG than Leffew.
Not at this level. And you know who agrees with me? Red and the staff because after getting Carlos, they kept recruiting Leffew.

IMO we dodged a bullet here. Bad news this one.
you can’t fault a kid that wants the most money he can get we just don’t have it in us to play that game. So far it’s cost us Edwards and a leader from last year with Girard. I’m not sure I understand the strategy for basketball

Lol some of you simply don't have the stomach for this.
I beg your pardon...

1714228247926.jpeg

If we aren’t going to pay our players in the transfer portal or not overpay so to speak then perhaps just take a chance on recruiting another guard. Everyone knew Mintz wouldn’t be back and it would of been a nice selling point to one of the top guards left in the 24 class

you can’t fault a kid that wants the most money he can get we just don’t have it in us to play that game. So far it’s cost us Edwards and a leader from last year with Girard. I’m not sure I understand the strategy for basketball
Do you just make things up and assume they are true? Because that's how it seems when you post in this thread.

Girard left for more money? I don't believe that to be true.
It was probably more about what we wanted to do differently this year but we lacked leadership in all aspects on the court this year…I’m not saying Girard should of started as our PG again but seeing how much we lost and started Taylor it is what it is at this point