Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 88 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

Not at this level. And you know who agrees with me? Red and the staff because after getting Carlos, they kept recruiting Leffew.
If that’s the case then hopefully they continue going after other portal PGs.

Maybe we do what someone had suggested in an earlier post go for another 3 or 5 and call it a day, that would have been Brown but hopefully we can find someone else

Carlos put up pretty good numbers against the top competition he saw this year. I think we’d all be happy with 10 points and nearly 7 assists from our PG next year while also being a plus defender(need better 3 pt shooting than 22% though). I’d love Leffew but I think Carlos is getting undersold a bit on here. No guarantees the production translates but there are some indicators that he can be a decent piece, even as the starter.

Last edited:

Carlos put up pretty good numbers against the top competition he saw this year. I think we’d all be happy with 10 points and nearly 7 assists from our PG next year while also being a plus defender(need better shooting than 22% though). I’d love Leffew but I think Carlos is getting undersold a bit on here. No guarantees the production translates but there are some indicators that he can be a decent piece, even as the starter.
I hope for the best but I think he is the guy we beat for 40 years. I do love his free throw shooting though.

I don’t think we should look at any player unless they shoot at least 37% from 3. Stop with these non shooters at PG especially with JJ being average to below average there. With the lack of defenders on the team we need to focus on building a team that can score as much as possible.

Mike flipped his CB to Georgia

View attachment 240543
The thing is… I mean, we’re probably talking like 100 or 200k difference here. Maybe 300k vs 400 or 500k? Yes, that’s a lot of money but it’s only for one year, and the players rarely make even close to the top end of these supposed figures. Rarely. They are inflated (through incentives) by their agents to their “sources.” He’s gonna make a lot more money overseas or in the G League over the next decade of his professional career to make up for it. Shouldn’t team fit, scheme, playing style, potential for development, and comfort make the biggest difference? Also playing on a championship contending team in front of an engaged fan base? Georgia fans don’t give two craps about basketball. Do you think they have a 90 page thread on any of their fan sites dedicated to a very good but not spectacular transfer player? LOL. I’m mostly kidding…but also not entirely. Anyhow, this is a huge bummer but moving on.

Last edited:
Lol some of you simply don't have the stomach for this.
Raises hand. I’m turned off by all of it.

I’m just hoping that Freeman, Starling, Bell and Westry (along with the three new guys) have spectacular seasons next year and lead us back to the tourney and that Red proves he can coach a more fluid and movement heavy offense.

Last edited: