Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

I don’t think we should look at any player unless they shoot at least 37% from 3. Stop with these non shooters at PG especially with JJ being average to below average there. With the lack of defenders on the team we need to focus on building a team that can score as much as possible.
I couldn't agree more with this take. That was my greatest attraction to Leffew. We need to have two shooters in the 38 to 40% on the floor. Especially now that we have a low post guy that we can throw the ball down low to.

Last edited:
That's what it looks like. Good call.
We don't have near enough information to make that call. This is a kid that was not highly recruited out of high school. This is his one and only shot. He wants to make sure he is doing right by himself on the school he chooses. That is 100% of what he should be doing. He doesn't owe any of these schools anything at this point. It sure doesn't mean that he would be a selfish player once he enrolls at whatever school he goes to.

If there is nobody that we really like right now, we can always just wait until the next portal window. Guys like Cam Spencer last year will come available late and we should have money to play with.

I couldn't agree more with this take. Thatwas my greatest attraction to Leffew. We need to have two shooters in the 38 to 40% on the floor. Especially now that we have a low post guy that we can throw the ball down low to.
Hopefully Choppa is ready because he and Bell together would be lethal.

I know this isn't going to be popular, but my sense is that this kid is all about himself. Didn't we just get rid of some guys that put themselves in front of the team.

Also, as I posted earlier I bet we are done with Guards. I hope we bring in a kid that is a scoring forward and another big
Lol "the kid is all about himself". I mean yeah, he's not doing this for you. Kids should always do what's best for themselves.

Playing at home in a major conference with the chance to impress and make the NBA seems like a pretty solid situation for the kid.

I know this isn't going to be popular, but my sense is that this kid is all about himself. Didn't we just get rid of some guys that put themselves in front of the team.

Also, as I posted earlier I bet we are done with Guards. I hope we bring in a kid that is a scoring forward and another big
“not a take”

Lol "the kid is all about himself". I mean yeah, he's not doing this for you. Kids should always do what's best for themselves.

Playing at home in a major conference with the chance to impress and make the NBA seems like a pretty solid situation for the kid.
And playing with his former teammate. He has done nothing wrong except not signing with us, yet. And I say yet because who knows what twists and turns this thing may yet take. Don't read anything in to that.

Yeah, these kids are doing in weeks what high school kids take a couple of years to do.

Since so many kids read this board and make a decision based on it, not sure why the title changed so soon without any confirmation. Bizarre.

We are in an entirely new world that those of us who grew up in the era that loyalty played a role in decision-making are unfamiliar with

Seems pretty logical to me if the money really is the difference. Who here would reasonably take 100k-200k less to work the same job for one year? No one would, nor should they. If Georgia (the employer) feels he is worth that and is willing to pay then good for them. It does not mean Syracuse has to believe he is worth that much. The value of something (or someone) is whatever someone is willing to pay. This of course, is only accurate if this is purely about money. Seems that way based on the initial reports of him really wanting to wear orange. No one should fault him for that. Personally, I do not believe he is worth a large sum of NIL and Red/the people funding it are being objective instead of throwing large sums of money at players based on emotion. There will be more players, and if we don’t get someone else then so be it.

Since so many kids read this board and make a decision based on it, not sure why the title changed so soon without any confirmation. Bizarre.
Do you really believe “so many” kids read this board and make a decision based on what they read? Or is my sarcasm detector broken?

Last edited:
Exactly. How would we move on? Would we call the kid and tell him hey, we are out. The offer is off the table? That would be ridiculous. Do we call other guards? I would bet we were already doing that. Anything in my life that was worth having, was tough to get.
The flip side of that is often people want something to the point they stretch too far. Not saying we got played but Mike didn't post 100% for SU without really solid information.
I bet he told cuse yes and pulled a Jesse.

Girard didn’t leave for more money

How else would you view the situation?

In this case. look at what Ga had to offer vs us. He is from Ga. His back court mate just went to Ga. They probably offered more money than us. Hard to beat all of that.
What phill and dasher said.

In this case. look at what Ga had to offer vs us. He is from Ga. His back court mate just went to Ga. They probably offered more money than us. Hard to beat all of that.
And he got to meet Frank Anselm-Ibe who he could play with this year at Georgia. ;)

No sweat. Leffew spent what 2 days of his life in Cuse on a visit and now we’ll never see him again.

What’s telling to me is that his old coach isn’t kicking down Autrys door saying he’s worth the extra money to outbid Georgia if it is really was just monetary. We may never know.

What we do know is that there are enough alternatives to Leffew out there in the portal and we have solid staff out there scouring a hundred PG’s and bigs to find a good fit.

Multiple pages have posted since this morning -- not going to read through them all.

What happened to have everybody on the ledge? anything besides the crystal ball flip, or...?

Seems pretty logical to me if the money really is the difference. Who here would reasonably take 100k-200k less to work the same job for one year? No one would, nor should they. If Georgia (the employer) feels he is worth that and is willing to pay then good for them. It does not mean Syracuse has to believe he is worth that much. The value of something (or someone) is whatever someone is willing to pay. This of course, is only accurate if this is purely about money. Seems that way based on the initial reports of him really wanting to wear orange. No one should fault him for that. Personally, I do not believe he is worth a large sum of NIL and Red/the people funding it are being objective instead of throwing large sums of money at players based on emotion. There will be more players, and if we don’t get someone else then so be it.
theres more to a job offer than salary - for example, what if the north korean gov offered more money than an american co? would I jump for more money? no

there's a lot that goes into it aside from sheer numbers

or at least there should be ...for anyone with a brain

all the people in this htread convinced this is about money without any actual evidence need to chill and see what happens