Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

So... early first look, with no 'prediction' made for who actually starts -- just exploring the depth chart. Also accounting for the ability of a few guys to play multiple positions:

PG -- Leffew / Carlos / Westry
SG -- JJ / Cuffe / Moore
SF -- Bell / Westry / Moore
PF -- Freeman / Davis
C -- Lamkin / McLeod / Patterson

Not saying we will, but could go 11 deep.
That looks like a roster to me.

So... early first look, with no 'prediction' made for who actually starts -- just exploring the depth chart. Also accounting for the ability of a few guys to play multiple positions:

PG -- Leffew / Carlos / Westry
SG -- JJ / Cuffe / Moore
SF -- Bell / Westry / Moore
PF -- Freeman / Davis
C -- Lamkin / McLeod / Patterson

Not saying we will, but could go 11 deep.

Wait until we add Brooklyn "SHOWTIME" Vick

Holy !

LFGO!
Happy Lets Go GIF by NHL

I have been negative on this recruitment cycle, and lesson to me to be patient with the process (it's something I need to work on).

But I think one of the things we had going on last year was there was not enough good depth to push guys into conforming to the team plan. It looked like a lot of guys were playing as individuals rather than doing things that would help us win, and they could get away with it because it was 100% clear they were the best option at their position.

Having this depth will hold guys accountable, and I am hoping that these transfers we are bringing in - who only have one year left - will create a sense of urgency that wasn't present last year. We shall see.

Tell you what -- we land BOTH Carlos and Leffew, and I'll be very happy with the offseason retooling, despite losing Maliq [which I think is underestimated by a big portion of the fanbase that post here].

A lot of posters would owe Red an e-apology for questioning the patience. approach, and restraint with which this process has been managed.
precisely. that's a top 10 class that addresses serious issues and reloads the team. A+ job.

Good get. Nice rounded group of new players with 2 star freshmen. We should get way more from last years portal class this year as well.

Don’t see minutes for anyone else realistically so no clue what we do with last scholly. But that means we have plenty of room for the year after to offer recruits.

Hard to project him individually and statistically but we hired his coach he’s not going to suck and we probably don’t want a ball dominant PG that thinks it’s their mission to carry the team again.

Upstate - y'all might wanna update your tagline re: JT.
LOL.

LQA =

nailed-it-300x300.jpg
I know this recruitment took a long time, but who would have thought we'd wait til the 94th month of the year to get a commitment?!

PG Dakota Leffew (GA) TRANSFERRING (SOON) TO SYRACUSE 94/24/24)​

[Edit} just teasing, OX! 9 and ( are the same key.

Last edited:
Good get. Nice rounded group of new players with 2 star freshmen. We should get way more from last years portal class this year as well.

Don’t see minutes for anyone else realistically so no clue what we do with last scholly. But that means we have plenty of room for the year after to offer recruits.

Hard to project him individually and statistically but we hired his coach he’s not going to suck and we probably don’t want a ball dominant PG that thinks it’s their mission to carry the team again.
Get the best shooter possible. No need for other skills. Just a guy who can come in and shoot if needed.

I am really encouraged that we landed Leffew.

Like his game, and I think he can be a major contributor [as a shooter, passer, ball handler, etc.] no matter what his role ends up being -- i.e., starter versus bench scorer.