Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

Is it only that one tweet "confirming" Leffew? or is there anything else that would suggest this is a done deal?
Yeah, just McCallister & the DePaul dude who spells it with a Z doesn't exactly make me want to pop the corks quite yet :confused: Not much pushback from our insiders make me feel a little better...right?

Seriously, for a second after the celebration histeriar, Red bleeds Orange. That is why you stay in the basketball coaching family. For reference, see Duke and NC. Basketball players are close to the HC and they expect HC stability. Players no longer have loyalty. Perhaps, if you build a solid winning tradition and loyal staff, some players might be more prone to stick around. This off-season, and hiring Red, are big steps forward.

Football is different. Football player's world revolves around their position coach and other players in their group. They practice in their group. The head coach is still important but football teams can more readily have continuity when a successful HC leaves. Re, Boise St.

For the JB haters, he built a winning reputation and an in-house hire is proving to be a workable way to resurrect the tradition. Too many precious powers have never recovered. I think that we will have a solid ranked team this year.
This is all over the place.

1) Villanova "stayed in the family" and their team is in shambles. Any success going forward we have is on RED. Period. Not the family.

2) For the JB HATERS, We've won 0 games this year and haven't gone to the tourney in 3 years. Relax. I'm happy with the pick ups too, but these ITYS posts are insane.

You do know Moore is an excellent shooter,…
Yes, we all know that.

But expecting him to come right in and be a high level shooter is a different animal. Maybe he the guy to come off the bench and snipe teams, but I'd rather also get someone with some proven results, preferrably at F. We're putting a lot on Bell, Donnie's readiness to dominate and Davis. Any falters or injuries and we're going to have some issues, but another add might be wishful thinking.

2 guard transfers! Great news!​

IMG_6263.gif

For my $100 donation, am I just contributing to MBB on OrangeUnited? Or are we earmarking it somehow for Leffew?
Don't see a way to earmark for the specific player, so just contribute to MBB. Hayes is on the lookout for one off $100 donations today. If you want to send me a PM with your email address that you registered under I will pass along the details.

So... early first look, with no 'prediction' made for who actually starts -- just exploring the depth chart. Also accounting for the ability of a few guys to play multiple positions:

PG -- Leffew / Carlos / Westry
SG -- JJ / Cuffe / Moore
SF -- Bell / Westry / Moore
PF -- Freeman / Davis
C -- Lamkin / McLeod / Patterson

Not saying we will, but could go 11 deep.
upgraded roster bg time, imo...

I think Davis will play a lot at SF, though

Get the best shooter possible. No need for other skills. Just a guy who can come in and shoot if needed.
get the best paint defender possible...still a possible weakness, imo

plus, it oughtta be easy to get a big body without much in the way of offense to accept an end of the bench role

I was told early today he is not coming, and then an hour later oh wait he might be and then he did.
Goats usually only work when recruiting in the Middle East but Mount St Mary's is very rural.

You never know what the determining factor can be in a young man's mind.

Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
leffew bell moore are all shooters...plus freeman is looking like a good shooter at the PF...cuffe can knock em down...starling has it in him

i think the team can use a paint defender in case naheem doesnt get back and davis doesnt match up well with taller PFs