Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

Yes, we all know that.

But expecting him to come right in and be a high level shooter is a different animal. Maybe he the guy to come off the bench and snipe teams, but I'd rather also get someone with some proven results, preferrably at F. We're putting a lot on Bell, Donnie's readiness to dominate and Davis. Any falters or injuries and we're going to have some issues, but another add might be wishful thinking.

If we have 4 or 5 guys who can make threes, then he's going to do better, because opponents are not going to game plan to stop our 3rd or 4th guard.

I assume Leffew and Carlos battle it out for starter PG minutes. Loser backs up both guard spots along with Cuffe

I think we see rotation - JJ will get some minutes as the primary ball handler. So will Cuffe or Carlos, but maybe not both. Leffew will also play some PG. If Westry's healthy, he's a good passer, too.

I see us mostly having at least 2, and sometimes maybe 3 ball handlers on the floor together, like we did last year when Copeland was in the game as a 3 with 2 other guards.

Proud Of You Yes GIF

I don't think we're using all 13 'ships this year. I think we want to hold the extra one open.
Another PF would be a "nice to have", but it's going to squeeze the 6 guards. Two of them might not play if we add yet another F. I think if Leffew joins, he and Westry have to be the SF depth, or else we are going to have a couple unhappy guys.
I'm not sure it makes much sense to hold any scholarships open in the new environment. There will be turnover every season.

I'm not sure it makes much sense to hold any scholarships open in the new environment. There will be turnover every season.

You still have to have a happy roster. Six guards is too many out of 13 guys. One or more of them have to play some time as SF, or it's going to be a bad locker room by January.

it doesnt

theres like 2000 players in the portal

many of whom will not find homes...or places that they want to play

i feel like the starters in the frontcourt are good but the depth is highly questionable

I would target a big body with 1 year of eligibilty that doesnt have many options ...a hima or jon bol type that is a senior that hastn played high major before...and wants to...and wouldnt block future classes etc

basically a very tall capable defender semi-walkon lol

much rather do that than only have 12 schollie players

i mean we saw what happened with injuries this year...and players like chance and naheem have to be question marks as well...

I dont see what there is to lose if you can find a player willing to accept the role...which I am sure is possible

not worried about the 3...more with the 4/5
We could use another rebounding big who can muscle down low. Inevitably we will have games where we have foul issues, injuries, etc. Plus physical guys play darn hard and need a bit of rest to maintain their level of play.

Okay, I made my $100 contribution.

Dakota, you also get 2 tailgates on me. Or you can bring a friend and go to 1.

Thanks for coming here and if I were you, I would avoid the jelly shots. You might end up in trouble and need some bail money.

;)
Tom, why do I have a sneaking suspicion that you are not a big connoisseur of the "jello" shots? :)

Wonder if someone tried making a very late play to flip him back hence the delay?

We could use another rebounding big who can muscle down low. Inevitably we will have games where we have foul issues, injuries, etc. Plus physical guys play darn hard and need a bit of rest to maintain their level of play.

We can't take 6 guards and then add a 4th forward. If we really want a PF (which we could use ...), then I don't see how we still take Leffew, after getting a real PG, and having a 6-5 guy like Westry in the same position.