Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all worried about Dior qualifying, but very interested in where he finishes his HS career. Would love to see him come back East and play for Brewster. I gotta imagine the coaches are encouraging him to do so. I'll be worried if he stays out West and within LeBron's orbit.
The kid loves Syracuse. He is out recruiting Syracuse for us.

Not at all worried about Dior qualifying, but very interested in where he finishes his HS career. Would love to see him come back East and play for Brewster. I gotta imagine the coaches are encouraging him to do so. I'll be worried if he stays out West and within LeBron's orbit.
Yeah, I have been wondering, if his family or Mother are still in NY, why does he need to go all the way to CA to play ball and go to school? I'm jaded after seeing some Rochester boys, Thomas Bryant and Isiah Stewart leave the state during high school and have Cuse play bridesmaids to IU and UW

Yeah, I have been wondering, if his family or Mother are still in NY, why does he need to go all the way to CA to play ball and go to school? I'm jaded after seeing some Rochester boys, Thomas Bryant and Isiah Stewart leave the state during high school and have Cuse play bridesmaids to IU and UW
I don't know, but my guess is he's very popular and respected among his peers and became friends w/ Bronny, which opened up some doors. Can't fault him one bit for jumping at a chance to live and play in SoCal.

Thomas and Stewart were completely different situations. Dior's already sold on 'Cuse.

dior's recruitment is also a reminder of the impact of sanctions. gmac started recruiting dior in his 7th grade year - the first year out of sanctions. the limitations on contacts & coaches on the road had made such long term laying of groundwork nearly impossible prior to that season; the coaches had to scramble just to maintain the contacts already made with older recruits

lbj and jb.PNG

the story as i understand it (which may or may not be correct in all the details):
dior wanted and/or needed better competition for high school ball. he had an offer & scholarship to play for bball factory findlay prep in nevada (which produced many high d1 players, including our own oshae brissett).

suddenly last summer, findlay shut down without warning. lots of rumors surrounding that which i won't go into

dior had to find a new place to play. he didn't want to return to the inferior competition back home so he ended up in socal at defending city champion fairfax high. (i have heard that he has family out here which is why he ended up in socal, but i don't know if that is a fact). he left fairfax before the school year started and instead enrolled at mayfair high in lakewood.

dior's recruitment is also a reminder of the impact of sanctions. gmac started recruiting dior in his 7th grade year - the first year out of sanctions. the limitations on contacts & coaches on the road had made such long term laying of groundwork nearly impossible prior to that season; the coaches had to scramble just to maintain the contacts already made with older recruits

Wow, the impact of sanctions even comes up after a big time recruiting win. I thought that was only used to explain our recruiting woes. Nice job to weave that one in, Moqui. In all seriousness, good point. :)

I think I'm in love:

“I’m already recruiting different guys and best believe I’ll get guys to play with me. Guaranteed!”

"Dior was a man of his word because over the weekend it was revealed via Recruit News, that 5-star guard Chance Westry has scheduled an unofficial visit with Syracuse for late February. "

"Westry will visit the dome when the Orange welcome in North Carolina on February 29 at 8:00 p.m. "

"Chance is a 6-foot-4 stud from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. He’s listed as the No. 28 overall recruit and specifically is the No. 8 shooting guard for the 2022 class, per 247 Sports. "

We have five spots in 2022. Can you imagine if we can get a Fab 5 like recruiting class!

I like how he keeps his head up looking for teammates cutting, who are ready on the wing, till the last second... Teammates better keep moving, attacking, not hanging back to just watch the show... he’ll find you when you keep up.

I think I'm in love:

“I’m already recruiting different guys and best believe I’ll get guys to play with me. Guaranteed!”

"Dior was a man of his word because over the weekend it was revealed via Recruit News, that 5-star guard Chance Westry has scheduled an unofficial visit with Syracuse for late February. "

"Westry will visit the dome when the Orange welcome in North Carolina on February 29 at 8:00 p.m. "

"Chance is a 6-foot-4 stud from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. He’s listed as the No. 28 overall recruit and specifically is the No. 8 shooting guard for the 2022 class, per 247 Sports. "

We have five spots in 2022. Can you imagine if we can get a Fab 5 like recruiting class!
I have a huge feeling that I know where Dior will be on 2/29.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom