Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how a kid still in high school understands the reality behind our guys transfering moreso than half the posters on the main board. Dior just speaking the truth.

Truly amazing. This kid is wise beyond his years. Though anyone who knows the game should have an idea how these things work. Unfortunately, the closest half the board got to sports was playing in the band.

Truly amazing. This kid is wise beyond his years. Though anyone who knows the game should have an idea how these things work. Unfortunately, the closest half the board got to sports was playing in the band.
285DC73F-3E2F-4F44-AC2F-8E6A524501A2.gif

Let's be honest- at the end of the day someone six years apart in age is always going to better understand than 20 years apart. It's not anything to do with sports. I was an athlete and consider myself young still at 36. That said, I hardly have my finger on the pulse of the current generation of 16-24 year olds even with a younger brother in that demographic.

Reality is like I said before- as SU fans we are conditioned to expect the worst of late and also be right. Happy to be wrong on that front.

Let's be honest- at the end of the day someone six years apart in age is always going to better understand than 20 years apart. It's not anything to do with sports. I was an athlete and consider myself young still at 36. That said, I hardly have my finger on the pulse of the current generation of 16-24 year olds even with a younger brother in that demographic.

Reality is like I said before- as SU fans we are conditioned to expect the worst of late and also be right. Happy to be wrong on that front.

Fair enough. I definitely don’t expect most fans to understand, and I’m not an expert by any means. What I do know, is that I don’t know much about what goes on behind the scenes, and in practice especially. Along with the mindset of a teenager who seemingly dominated the competition growing up.

I have a lifetime of playing basketball, and am relatively young, at 31. That said, I’m not exactly privy to the AAU/HS basketball life that the game has evolved into. The personality of these kids differs from one to the other, obviously. Some just aren’t cut out for ACC ball, which Dior understands, and the pressure can be too much for many.

Dior knows that he is cut out for it, and the confidence will take him far in life. He isn’t afraid of competition, because he knows that in the end, he will come out on top.

BG may thrive with less stress on him in the BE, a longer leash, and a coach like Cooley who is defensive minded, while running the flex offense with three guards a lot. The guards aren’t asked to do it all. Everyone is interchangeable really, with the wings, and bigs being heavily involved. They share the ball well, assists are spread out, and they wanna get out in translation often to get easy buckets.

Brycen can just go with the flow of the game, and not force it. He may not be asked to be a primary ball handler, though they lose Pipkins, White, and Diallo. It’s really just getting the ball over half court anyway. Duke is either gone, or a senior when Brycen finally suits up. Right now, it looks like they will have a lot of time for him in two years with only Duke, Reeves, and a 3 star guard signed for 2020. It’s a great fit for him. He would have had a shot here, but if he goes off at Providence, then so be it. I promise, we will survive. When JB is gone, that’s another story, and one that many won’t enjoy. Those running JB out of town should be careful what they wish for. Just saying.

At Syracuse, the guards are expected to create offense for themselves a lot of the time, and be able to finish around the basket. He didn’t do that in year one. I think he could have broke through eventually, but it is what it is. Kadary is much better suited for that gig anyway. He should get solid opportunities to attack the rim. JG, and/or Buddy will open up the floor for him. It will be interesting to see if he gets any run at the 3 on defense, in his career. Doesn’t really matter much on offense.

Dior is a very young man. His early announcement may appear impulsive but I believe he is a Cuse guy and bleeds Orange. I’m confident he’s coming. He wants that dome audience

It looks like Dior might not be coming here.

Yeah 4 years old...complete kidney failure...was sick 2 days over the weekend...kids are devestated
Sad, had a torti cat about 5 years old pass away on me last year very unexpectedly. Complete kidney failure was the cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom