Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having trouble uploading the pic but Dior just posted himself on Instagram wearing Cuse socks and added a heart ❤ to the pic
I gotchu!

Screenshot_20200510-214512_Instagram.jpg

Guys...let's all pray Duke gets hammered (they wont) and allan griffin brings little bro along with him. Then we are really cookin!! Dior/zion/donovan/griffin and whoever else wants to join the cuse dream team!

Guys...let's all pray Duke gets hammered (they wont) and allan griffin brings little bro along with him. Then we are really cookin!! Dior/zion/donovan/griffin and whoever else wants to join the cuse dream team!
Griffin would likely be gone by the time the others get here.

You missed the Air Jordan pants. Its over - he will flip to UNC.
I didn't miss it, but I was tossing around, in my mind, the idea that maybe the Jordan thing was connected to MJ's daughter going to SU, you know? But then there was the blue heart, but it isn't Carolina blue, but maybe that is meant to throw us off track.

I didn't miss it, but I was tossing around, in my mind, the idea that maybe the Jordan thing was connected to MJ's daughter going to SU, you know? But then there was the blue heart, but it isn't Carolina blue, but maybe that is meant to throw us off track.

Truly a conundrum here. The socks do make the biggest impression. I guess we can feel good about this for a few more hours or days.. until the next post.

long one but it's fun watch! Kids such an exciting player!

Dior is incredibly skilled and impressive. Goes through defenders in the lane and in transition like a hot knife through butter. He has moves I've never seen before. Running down the court he's Pearl-esque, doing whatever he wants with the ball like he's just running and spinning with it. He makes his teammates look a lot better. I also like that he doesn't seem to brag or celebrate too much when he makes a big play or shot. He puts his head down and runs back, implying that he's not surprised he just went through 4 defenders and scored, that's what he meant to do and he'll do it again next possession.

Definitely our most skilled recruit in a long, long time. Since Carmelo? Most likely. Flynn was probably more athletic but couldn't shoot as well as Dior can now. It will be refreshing to have a freshman guard with college-ready skills. All that said and he still has TWO YEARS to develop at Oak Hill. Dior is going to be a monster by the time he suits up for Syracuse.

Dior is incredibly skilled and impressive. Goes through defenders in the lane and in transition like a hot knife through butter. He has moves I've never seen before. Running down the court he's Pearl-esque, doing whatever he wants with the ball like he's just running and spinning with it. He makes his teammates look a lot better. I also like that he doesn't seem to brag or celebrate too much when he makes a big play or shot. He puts his head down and runs back, implying that he's not surprised he just went through 4 defenders and scored, that's what he meant to do and he'll do it again next possession.

Definitely our most skilled recruit in a long, long time. Since Carmelo? Most likely. Flynn was probably more athletic but couldn't shoot as well as Dior can now. It will be refreshing to have a freshman guard with college-ready skills. All that said and he still has TWO YEARS to develop at Oak Hill. Dior is going to be a monster by the time he suits up for Syracuse.
Out of all the skills he has, and he has a ton, his ability to change directions and continuously make off balance jump shots, is what impresses me the most. (along with his court vision of course).

I’ve liked the Kyrie comparison but if his jumper continues to develop I really see Lillard in him. Both seem to have a similar mentality too.

I still have my retro 4 "cavs" remember camping inside carousel for these bad boys! Sick color ways I always wear to games.
I mean really, how many under the leg dead on alley oop passes do we need to see? :)
I kid, I kid.
Shooting aside (as in much better) I see so much (blasphemy, I know) Pearl in his game.
I may re-invest in season tickets so I can go see the kid every game.

BTW - way to make the game about you, LeBron.

I’ve liked the Kyrie comparison but if his jumper continues to develop I really see Lillard in him. Both seem to have a similar mentality too.

Good call. They have similar mindsets for sure. Both want the ball, are fearless no matter what situation they are in, and they expect to make a play. Dior does still have a ways to go to prove he’s clutch under pressure at the next level, but I doubt it takes him long to show the world how good he is on the big stage. Crazy that he’s already this special at only 16, but that’s how it goes these days, and we’re just lucky to finally get one of these top kids again that really wants to do something big here. More along the lines of a Melo one and done, than a McCullough one and done. No disrespect to Chris, especially with the injury, but it is what it is.

It’s going to be a ridiculously exciting season for his year here, and that’s an understatement to say the least. He’s the type of kid that doesn’t deserve to be compared to anyone, but that’s what we do as fans, so no worries. Can’t wait for him to continue creating his own legacy at SU, as long as I’m blessed enough to still be alive, and kicking. The stars have aligned to give JB the send off he deserves. It goes without saying that it would be a storybook ending to an epic career, if Dior was able to help lead us to Jim’s farewell championship.

But hey, we don’t even have to jump that far ahead yet. Who knows. It may very well end up being a season in which we’re looking to repeat after a senior Buddy led squad cut down the nets in 2022. A man can dream, but it certainly wouldn’t shock me if we make a run in ‘21-‘22, with all the talent, and experience we should have. Especially if AG, and QG are still around. Throw in JG, and we’re led by the three G’s and a Buddy. Or Buddy, and the three G’s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors