Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the #1 pg of the 2020 class is heading to the g league. This will continue to be a repeat theme for years to come. We have the #1 pg for 2022. A lot of things can happen/more money can be signed to these g league contracts etc etc.

The coaches know/knew this coming into this with dior.

So the #1 pg of the 2020 class is heading to the g league. This will continue to be a repeat theme for years to come. We have the #1 pg for 2022. A lot of things can happen/more money can be signed to these g league contracts etc etc.

NIL rules changing so Dior can cash in while he's in Cuse would be huge

I expect dior to play 1 season for the Orange. I think the money he can make from his likeness will somewhat even the score.

I expect dior to play 1 season for the Orange. I think the money he can make from his likeness will somewhat even the score.
Yea depending on how they structure this, he has the chance to make some serious cash for a year at cuse...plus if the booster thing comes into play I'm sure theres a few that want to see him in orange pretty bad for a season. NCAA needs to figure it out because the NBA is onto something and they wont stop.

You would think that a sneaker company would get more exposure from Dior playing at Cuse than in the G League. If he gets a sweet sneaker deal and the company wants him to play in the NCAA over the G league, the G league $ will be meaningless, as the sneaker company will make up for it.

not like he'll be starving for attention or be under the radar, and being bron's quasi son helps a little I'd imagine heh

If I'm a top kid, I take money from every school recruiting me, then go where I want. No one will turn me in.
The rule against taking money is not meant to benefit me, but to harm me and keep me beholding to the school and the NCAA.
In fact, my ability to earn a living in the US has been curtailed by others, and not by my lack of ability. If I'm a top kid coming out of HS, my true market value will be supressed for for about 8 years, and if I am a great player, it's supressed for my entire career.
How can we agree on this kind of thing nearly 100% but be so far apart on nearly anything else?

Regarding Dior and the 2022 class, the recruiting landscape is going to change immensely over the next 2 years. How quickly players and schools adapt will drive success.

Still negative on Cruz coming?

There is no way that there's four guards better than Dior

3 are SG's, 1 PG.

I'm sure that'll put a nice chip on Dior's shoulder, to prove that he's better than they are.

FWIW - Zion Cruz #17 listed as a SG.
I'd call him more of a PG, or in reality a CG, but they've got him as SG.

I used to looooove the EA College Football game. If that comes back, I'll buy myself a PlayStation, even at 50 years of age.

I'm afraid that the third party language makes this tricky. The likeness will be related to the players as part of the university and NCAA licensing. Thus not sure if this would allow for movement on that front.

I sure hope it would allow it back as with the modern graphics and abilities i would spend the money on the newest systems just to be able to play the college sports releases every year.

Dior may be the first collegiate player to have a pair of their own shoes, probably a pair of LeBron’s.

6E9CCE9B-A0DB-4F17-A627-45725CDBF9F7.png

I heard a study that shows these players would get about an average of $0.80 per follower through ads. Social media would make them the real money.. more so than EA Sports or trading cards.
Is that $0.80 one time? Or $0.80 per follower per month/year/etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom