Class of 2017 PG Isaiah Washington (NY) Transferring from Minnesota to Iona

Deano

All American
Those last two videos are about as much fun as watching the McD's game...no D.

Gotothehole

2nd String
What are our chances with this kid. It appears we are out the race for Green

SUOrangeSU

Starter
What are our chances with this kid. It appears we are out the race for Green
dude what are you talking about? We are definitely not out of the running with Green and probably still lead for him

orangejunkie

Starter
I fear that if Duke wants him and they have available playing time, he will be a Dukie. Tough to go head to head with a program of that status. It's like SU recruiting against mid majors or lower P5 teams.

orangefog

Voted "Best Looking Poster" 6 years in a row
I fear that if Duke wants him and they have available playing time, he will be a Dukie. Tough to go head to head with a program of that status. It's like SU recruiting against mid majors or lower P5 teams.
Yeah, their $tatu$ is hard to beat.

SUOrangeSU

Starter
FWIW - my buddy who is hooked up in the NYC AAU circuit says that Washington would come to syracuse and has been his dream school. Has that gritty, streetball pg game. Wasn't sure on the fit with cuse's style but could work. Lately, Washington has been head and shoulders above the NY pg competition. Killing our pal Jose and Duval on the AAU circuit. Just played against a top 60 junior guard at the rucker and was carving him up

pearl31

jorts
FWIW - my buddy who is hooked up in the NYC AAU circuit says that Washington would come to syracuse and has been his dream school. Has that gritty, streetball pg game. Wasn't sure on the fit with cuse's style but could work. Lately, Washington has been head and shoulders above the NY pg competition. Killing our pal Jose and Duval on the AAU circuit. Just played against a top 60 junior guard at the rucker and was carving him up
He was killing Duval??

Cusefan0307

Basketball Board pissing match observer
If we want a scorer as our pg, Washington is the guy. If we want someone who is more of a distributor we take Alvarado.

IthacaMatt

Living Legend
dude what are you talking about? We are definitely not out of the running with Green and probably still lead for him
Duke has made him their priority for PG now, and he had been waiting on a duke offer, so I am not optimistic .

SUOrangeSU

Starter
I say Cuse goes full court on Washington and if he wants to commit, do it

SUOrangeSU

Starter
They haven't...he was responding to duke offering Green and make him a priority.

RF2044

Living Legend
I say Cuse goes full court on Washington and if he wants to commit, do it
We definitely have room for two PGs in the class of 2017, but I don't think you accept a commitment from one before seeing what Quade Green does. Its fine to not feel confident with Duke / UK involved, but I've heard that the coaching staff still feels some optimism there.

In the meantime, you can still put the full court press on Washington, and build that relationship up as much as you can until the Green domino topples. And if the coaching staff gets the sense that SU is out of contention with Green, then you shift focus like you suggest and go all in on Washington.

SUOrangeSU

Starter
We definitely have room for two PGs in the class of 2017, but I don't think you accept a commitment from one before seeing what Quade Green does. Its fine to not feel confident with Duke / UK involved, but I've heard that the coaching staff still feels some optimism there.

In the meantime, you can still put the full court press on Washington, and build that relationship up as much as you can until the Green domino topples. And if the coaching staff gets the sense that SU is out of contention with Green, then you shift focus like you suggest and go all in on Washington.
oh i agree. I actually think the scenario of Young to UK and Duval to Duke is likely to happen and Green comes to Cuse. But you don't pass up someone like Washington, especially if they are hollering we are his dream school (but lord knows how that term leads someone lol)

Nicknack

Starter
No way. While Dook and Kentucky seem for now to be in a league of their own, let's not go overboard. Not many schools could compete any better against them (maybe UNC, Kansas).

Top Bottom