Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

I think the timing of the article about JB not leaving his son was published for a reason. IMO the negative recruiting strategies are still happening. Carey may be getting scared. I believe JB that he's not leaving. I hope Carey does, or we'll have another year with a subpar PG because we've made JC our top priority (eggs in one basket again).

It's not like the Miami coach isn't getting up there in age too...

I'm cautiously optimistic that Carey keeps his head screwed on and has trust in our staff.

Boneyard saying he had an Instagram live stream and he was trashing UConn players... anybody catch this last night?

Didn't see it happen but reading the boneyard on it was some great entertainment!

So Larranaga didn't do his scheduled in-home with Carey last week? A coach is only allowed one in home visit with a prospect, I believe, so this is Miami's.

I have a different take. Miami was told it was Syracuse. What would they do? What did Syracuse do when they learned that green was going to Kentucky? They raced to philly to try and change his mind. Maybe that is what Miami is doing.

I believe in statistics

They are in our favor

247 Crystal increased to 86% in our favor yesterday

Jalen Carey's Crystal Ball Predictions

Andrew Slater from The Devils Den predicted Syracuse yesterday

he did not predicted in favor of Syracuse for Brandon Randolph (he was correct with AZ)

he predicted Tucker to Duke

he predicted Lonnie Walker to AZ (wrong anyway)

he predicted Diallo to UK

he did predict Duarte to Syracuse, which is not a great sign, b/c that was never happening for 1 specific reason

he did predict Sidibe 2-3 months before commitment to Syracuse

he did predict a kid i am not familiar with Melo Eggleston to Syracuse (along with 50% of the others)/ who is this kid??

he did predict Taurean to Seton Hall last year

*****he did predict Tyus to Syracuse 5 months in advance

he did predict Frank Howard to Syracuse 6 months in advance

he did predict Malachi to Syracuse 1 year in advance

he did predict Diagne to Syracuse 14 months in advance

2015 - 71.43% correct (110 out of 154)

2016 - 72.87% correct (94 out of 129)

2017 - 74.5% correct (117 out of 157)

2018 - 90% correct ranked #1 in country (36 out of 40 correct)

I have not checked his social accounts, was he at any of the same recent events as Carey or related to Carey?

Andrew Slater's Crystal Ball Predictions

Until I hear otherwise I remain confident

I have a different take. Miami was told it wasn't Syracuse. What would they do? What did Syracuse do when they learned that green was going to Kentucky? They raced to philly to try and change his mind. Maybe that is what Miami is doing.
Yea, I checked. Head coaches are only allowed one in-home visit with a prospect. Larranaga must have moved his to this week.

2 Tweets from Slater yesterday before he predicted Carey to SU

Andrew Slater (@ASlater247) | Twitter

1 -
2019 @1FamilyHoops 6'5 W Diante Smith has been offered by Miami

8:14 AM - 18 Sep 2017 from North Carolina, USA

2 - @ 3pm
Miami HC @CanesCoachL & Caputo expected to visit with 4
2b50.png
PG Jalen Carey @yungswae5 of @JSnjPlayaz tomorrow http://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Carey-86031 …

I like our chances unless Miami is up to something that we will not engage in

go SYRACUSE

he did predict a kid i am not familiar with Melo Eggleston to Syracuse (along with 50% of the others)/ who is this kid??

SF type from Baltimore area. We recruited him for a couple of years, but I think we lost interest. Believe he ended up at WF.

I have a different take. Miami was told it was Syracuse. What would they do? What did Syracuse do when they learned that green was going to Kentucky? They raced to philly to try and change his mind. Maybe that is what Miami is doing.
Have you heard anything on your end?

I've wondered since BG's commitment (and the potential for him to reclassify) if there were concerns about us losing out on JC.. all the 2018 talk has me thinking...

https://basketballrecruiting./news/twitter-tuesday-uconn-s-class-florida-targets-syracuse-more

It's so impressive how many NBA 1st round draft selection millionaires Miami has minted. NOT. Hopefully Cary is well aware of this.

True but that hasn't stopped them from recruiting at a very high level lately.

True but that hasn't stopped them from recruiting at a very high level lately.
I think landing Lonnie Walker was huge, because he is as close to a sure fire first round pick as they have ever had.

The didn't even visit Carey. They visited his dad according to Zags.

I've wondered since BG's commitment (and the potential for him to reclassify) if there were concerns about us losing out on JC.. all the 2018 talk has me thinking...

https://basketballrecruiting. /news/twitter-tuesday-uconn-s-class-florida-targets-syracuse-more
If BG were to reclassify, what are we looking at in terms of open scholies?

2018-2019 season:
1. FHoward
2. Chukwu
3. Hughes
4. Moyer
5. Washington
6. Brissett
7. Dolezaj
8. Sidibe

Battle is likely NBA bound

9. Bazley
10. Goodine reclassification?
11. Carey?
12. OPEN - BIG MAN
13. NCAA jagoffs
No Scholie: Buddy the Elf

I don't think i missed anyone

Even if BG moves up a year, I'd expect us to be fine numbers wise. The first two on the list are prime candidates to move on, IMO, unless they have surprising seasons this year. Still need some bigs and possibly a shooting forward type, and obviously a PG (hopefully JC).

If BG were to reclassify, what are we looking at in terms of open scholies?

2018-2019 season:
1. FHoward
2. Chukwu
3. Hughes
4. Moyer
5. Washington
6. Brissett
7. Dolezaj
8. Sidibe

Battle is likely NBA bound

9. Bazley
10. Goodine reclassification?
11. Carey?
12. OPEN - BIG MAN
13. NCAA jagoffs
No Scholie: Buddy the Elf

I don't think i missed anyone

Even if BG moves up a year, I'd expect us to be fine numbers wise. The first two on the list are prime candidates to move on, IMO, unless they have surprising seasons this year. Still need some bigs and possibly a shooting forward type, and obviously a PG (hopefully JC).
I would be shocked if BG reclassifies. SU wants him to play PG. He has never played it. Asking him to try and make that transition during his first year of college ball is asking a lot.

I bet if Jalen Carey goes elsewhere, SU will bring in a JUCO or more likely a fifth year transfer at PG to fill the void.

That is my take as well. Make perfect sense.

That is my take as well. Make perfect sense.
Yeah I agree with this too. Syracuse is the answer and Miami is desperate. We'll find out in a month. Syracuse is in djanfant contsct though don't worry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom