Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Just doing his due diligence. Miracle will have to happen for him to go to Miami, or UCon. Great kid who doesn't need a bag to be enticed. It will come after a year, or two at the Cuse. Minus the bag.

Buddy's announcement wasn't coincidental. Carey/Roberts come on down. Think there'll be one more after that.
I hope you are right be nice be just about be done with 18 so they can concentrate more on 19 and 20! Seems they have a nice start already to 19 and 20!

Besides the women and weather...I don't understand Miami. They score 55 points a game and don't put anyone in the league. Larranaga is a nice coach but that system is brutal to watch.

I remember reading something about Carey's dad having a close relationship with a former Larranaga assistant coach. The former assistant supposedly played a big part in getting Carey interested in Miami

Boneyard take: "Carey's dad said Syracuse was really, really scary situation for his son. Let's just leave it at that."

Such a hilarious rationalization, compared to what he really said:

"They're recruiting him as a point guard," Carey told Zagsblog. "He's the only point guard they're recruiting in this class right now. Basically he would come in, he could play right away, they want him to lead the team and they want him to play with (Darius) Bazley. With him, Oshae Brissett and Buddy Boeheim, it's looking really, really scary over there."
uconn fans are so dumb.

Such a hilarious rationalization, compared to what he really said:

"They're recruiting him as a point guard," Carey told Zagsblog. "He's the only point guard they're recruiting in this class right now. Basically he would come in, he could play right away, they want him to lead the team and they want him to play with (Darius) Bazley. With him, Oshae Brissett and Buddy Boeheim, it's looking really, really scary over there."
uconn fans are so dumb.

Just to be clear - my quote is a parody of how they would read the article, not an actual quote.

Yes, Dean could you please give us a tidbit on Carey's visit? Any comment would be appreciated. Thank you!
He said on his pod that it would probably a few days after the visit before he may be able to get any intel.

Could totally be irrelevant and just a kid being a kid on dang snapchat but he posted last night that he has never been so mad and confused in his life. Thought it was wierd timing is all...i feel like he will take all of visits and drag this out a bit longer then some initially thought.
Yea, i imagine he just needs some time to sort through his options. But I feel confident in our position. My guess is that it comes down to us and Miami in the end. And my gut feeling is that he chooses Cuse. I think proximity to home, the chance to play with a budding star like Bazley, to be coached by a HOFer, his relationship with Red and the coaching staff, the program prestige and the rabid fan base, the Melo Center and the Dome, the ACC exposure, and our proven track record of getting players picked in the first round of the NBA draft, all of that trumps what Miami can offer--besides beaches and nice weather in the winter.

Yea, i imagine he just needs some time to sort through his options. But I feel confident in our position. My guess is that it comes down to us and Miami in the end. And my gut feeling is that he chooses Cuse. I think proximity to home, the chance to play with a guy like Bazley, to be coached by a HOFer, his relationship with Red and the coaching staff, the program prestige and the rabid fan base, the Melo Center and the Dome, the ACC exposure, the opportunity to play PG (his likely position in the pros) and our proven track record of getting players picked in the first round of he NBA draft, all of that trumps what Miami can offer--besides beaches and nice weather in the winter.

Yea, i imagine he just needs some time to sort through his options. But I feel confident in our position. My guess is that it comes down to us and Miami in the end. And my gut feeling is that he chooses Cuse. I think proximity to home, the chance to play with a budding star like Bazley, to be coached by a HOFer, his relationship with Red and the coaching staff, the program prestige and the rabid fan base, the Melo Center and the Dome, the ACC exposure, and our proven track record of getting players picked in the first round of the NBA draft, all of that trumps what Miami can offer--besides beaches and nice weather in the winter.
And hurricanes in the Fall.

I agree with everything you said and feel the same...think it's us vs Miami and we win in the end. Will feel alot better when it's all done and he commits to cuse! I think from the last cycle being such a circus it has kept many of us on the edge and this time around we are SO CLOSE to bringing in what will be a stellar class and it's so close I Can taste it that I just want to fast forward a few weeks and get the carey commitment! Him, baz, hughes, buddy and roberts and any other surprise along the way would be a heck of a haul and one of our better classes we have had in awhile to go along with some great foundation pieces we landed in the last class! I know I know I'm getting antsy but I can't help but get excited about the possibilities!

Besides the women and weather...I don't understand Miami. They score 55 points a game and don't put anyone in the league. Larranaga is a nice coach but that system is brutal to watch.

It's very ragged ball. You don't go to Miami to play hoops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom