Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Yea, i imagine he just needs some time to sort through his options. But I feel confident in our position. My guess is that it comes down to us and Miami in the end. And my gut feeling is that he chooses Cuse. I think proximity to home, the chance to play with a budding star like Bazley, to be coached by a HOFer, his relationship with Red and the coaching staff, the program prestige and the rabid fan base, the Melo Center and the Dome, the ACC exposure, and our proven track record of getting players picked in the first round of the NBA draft, all of that trumps what Miami can offer--besides beaches and nice weather in the winter.
if Carey picks Miami then I would think we would lead for Ayala then?

Jalen posted a picture of him with a 'Cuse hat an hour ago on Instagram. All of the comments were people leaving oranges, then someone commented with a laughing emoji about all the orange comments, Jalen responded to that comment saying "crazy bro". That comment was from Bazley though.

I didn't see the Instagram live - but I don't think this is an issue lol
To be clear, he wasn't wearing a 'Cuse hat. He was wearing the same New Era "Supreme" headband he's worn in many IG photos. The lighting did kinda make it look like it said Syracuse. The rest of your post is correct. I think him & Baz were just sharing a laugh over the fact that within minutes of the post, people were flooding his comments with Orange emojis.

Thus concludes my daily interpretation of a social media account belonging to a teenager I've never met lol

We don't have a life. They don't have a life by proxy. That's worse,

COMING TO YOU LIVE FROM MY MOM'S BASEMENT.

Big fan of the Fett?

My condolences to him.

Normally would say good for him to get a scholarship. But, Cali to Storrs with better offers out there. Best of luck.

Now, time to give Miami the courtesy, if need be, and stay back up North to home for Jalen.

I cannot fathom why fans of other teams comment on this board. It is beyond "get a life" at this point.

To be fair, we have members who post there too. Some more than here. Not to mention, most of the posts that actually gave any information here the last few days were copied and pasted from there. Yes, I finally went there after a search engine result for his name brought up their thread(good SEO I guess?). I can see the allure, it's actually a nice board, and in my experience they werent as disrespectful to us as what Ive seen in this thread. Some of them actually make counterpoints(reminiscent of me lol), instead of the pile on of the rival that we see here. This sadness makes me think of Pink Floyd's "Us And Them", because it really isnt necessary. We could benefit from more Dennis Rodman, and less...well, whatever this is. Reminds me of two ex lovers going at it.

What encouraged me about Carey since I posted it awhile back, was his quote about Autry being from the same neighborhood, and that they'd been "just talking" for a good while before he was offered. The father's words are encouraging too, but I think TBY said he had good words about them as well, and someone said he seemed like the kind of guy that has fun wherever he goes, so I am not sure how much weight to give it. The PG vs CG guard comment, many unbiased people could read as neutral, so I am not sure what to think. I also read on here that a certain guard was coming here to play point, and that didn't turn out to be the case, so I dont take much of this as seriously as some of you. Im certainly encouraged by what the father said(regardless if he said it after the UConn visit as well), and I think odds are in our favor. This could be the rare thread where the confirmation bias finally is correct. LGO!!!

I cannot fathom why fans of other teams comment on this board. It is beyond "get a life" at this point.

I don't know, I kinda enjoyed posting on the Gonzaga board a couple years back when we were getting ready to face them in the tournament. It's fun to get an outside perspective as long as there's respect on both sides.

I think both we (besides me...I'm awesome) and the people at the Boneyard have proven that no such thing exists between us though. As much as I'd love to have an actual conversation with them, the way that people here go after their posters and the way their posters go after ours is just silly IMO.

Last edited:
I would say his pops is a good source. Sorry Uconn.

IMG_8436.PNG

For real UConn fans made no sense with whole thing - Carey is 6'3 - him playing combo guard in college will not get him into the league. At 6'3 he 100% has to be a PG in the NBA. It's the same thing with Jalen Adams - if he wants an NBA shot he has to show teams he can run PG at the college level. They have Gilbert, Vital and Akinjo - and that is assuming Adams declares. Once they took Akinjo I saw that as a sign that they were not getting Carey. Even if Vital can play the 3 for spurts, there doesn't seem like a whole lot of PT to go around at their guard spots. It just so happened that in unison of some of our guards leaving early the past few years (and most likely Battle this year) and the Quade Green situation that we have ample PT for Carey. The dude didn't want the Big East, why would want ECU, Tulane and UCF?

I am assuming that if Carey commits here, we will soon hear all the UConn fans telling us that Akinjo is better

So I know I'm replying to my own post but It just hit me that JB was probably crushing the Jim Harbaugh style with the khakis long before he was...and yet everyone makes such a big deal about how cool it is for Harbaugh to rock it but are HOFer has been doing it on the regular forever now...just another reason to love JB!! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom