Class of 2021 - PG Jaquan Carlos (NY) TRANSFERING TO SYRACUSE (4/24/24) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PG Jaquan Carlos (NY) TRANSFERING TO SYRACUSE (4/24/24)

Staff really likes Carlos’ toughness. I think he’s gonna be a fan favorite.

He’s going to surprise some people with how he plays. Tough physical kid with great vision and an annoying defender. He was the straw that stirred the drink that helped the talented wings he played with flourish this past year.

He’s going to surprise some people with how he plays. Tough physical kid with great vision and an annoying defender. He was the straw that stirred the drink that helped the talented wings he played with flourish this past year.
JFlynnish

JFlynnish

Isn’t going to lose you games at the PG spot and can help win you a few.Not a game breaker or anything like that just solid and knows how to run a team. That said we need that additional offensive talent boost like an Evans to add that scoring and shooting boost that Carlos isn’t likely going to provide as a true more traditional PG.

Last edited:
Something the team lacked the past couple seasons.

Everyone wants the flash and we need that too but with this kid, Davis, Lampkin and someone like Evans- this team is going to have a different feel. Older, physical and will come right at you. JJ can be a physical player as can Westry if he is healthy. Freeman has the high end talent who numbers aside can do things no one else on the team can. Cuffe is a tough kid too and Moore is always working to get better. It has to come together to finish the roster and that includes health issues.

None of that guarantees a thing until we see what we get from the guys coming off injury and then the progression from Bell and JJ looks like but it all helps.

Does Red see some Sherman Douglas in Carlos? He was small but controlled the game totally. A real floor general.

Can someone please pass this question along to Red, please?
Since this is the guy who will be running the team, I'm trying to get my brain around it. Do you grok that.

Since this is the guy who will be running the team, I'm trying to get my brain around it. Do you grok that.
Sure I grok it. What I don’t grok is asking Red the question here. I was helping you out asking anyone here that knows Red if they could ask Red if he sees a little general in Carlos. Fully grokked.

Sure I grok it. What I don’t grok is asking Red the question here. I was helping you out asking anyone here that knows Red if they could ask Red if he sees a little general in Carlos. Fully grokked.
It was a question for the board, it wasn't addressed Red, that's pretty obvious.

You could but you enjoy being a nudge instead.
I have never even spoken to Red. How could tell you his thoughts? I am not a nudge, nor have I ever been a nudge.

believe there is a team called the sharks. not fun fish. or many other examples mr/ chancellor of cancellors.

This thread the last page or so
train discover GIF

This thread the last page or so
train discover GIF
I tried to start a conversation as to who Autry thinks about that is a similar player from the Orange past to Jaq. I don't think many people have a real feel for who he is or what his capabilities are. He just appeared out of the blue and is likely now the most important player on the team. In the past, before portal, a prospect would have been chewed over for a year during his recruitment, now poof, this is the guy. If you are an ardent follower of a sports team, you really like to think you're familiar with the players on that team and what you could expect from them. It's what fans do.

I'll see his grok and raise him with a take that Carlos is a cromulent addition to the team!

(I know 721Comstock will appreciate this)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom