Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 107 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is 6 in any way relevant to him?
i mean, it is relevant. Local players do tend to get it harder from fans.

that said, I would argue how the head coach has treated other players not named Buddy and Joe would matter more.

one directly affects playing time and your nba opportunity, the other might hurt your feelings.

Jealous weirdos. Haters, as the kids used to say.
There is some of that, but I think it’s more unrealistic expectations imo. like growing up Laz Sims looks like Lebron James vs the cny comp...then not so much when he played against D1 comp.

it’s a little diff with all the aau ball now Where we have a better idea where they should be. But throughout history I think that’s the main reason with the locals.

people are still bringing up the “misstreatment players get compared to Buddy” ?? Jesus lock this thread

im sorry, but this is recruiting... and the way the roster is handled and mins are divided up matters more than if people are mean to Joe on a message board. this is just a fact. if dont think other coaches aren’t showing that quote about Benny not being ready or showing the min played of Joe vs a departed player, i think you are naive.

There is some of that, but I think it’s more unrealistic expectations imo. like growing up Laz Sims looks like Lebron James vs the cny comp...then not so much when he played against D1 comp.

it’s a little diff with all the aau ball now Where we have a better idea where they should be. But throughout history I think that’s the main reason with the locals.
Yeah it’s not really a syracuse thing, but more a basketball town thing. Some of these towns, cites are built around and because of the big uni that’s there. The population becomes huge fans because its part of their lives basically. It’s different then having expectations for a 1st round draft pick because you’ve been following this kid for years, hoping he comes to the team the town has been rooting for their entire lives.

im sorry, but this is recruiting... and the way the roster is handled and mins are divided up matters more than if people are mean to Joe on a message board. this is just a fact. if dont think other coaches aren’t showing that quote about Benny not being ready or showing the min played of Joe vs a departed player, i think you are naive.
where did I say a thing about Joe? Oh wait I didn’t... all I mentioned was buddy

where did I say a thing about Joe? Oh wait I didn’t... all I mentioned was buddy
Well to be fair put something in a quote that wasnt a quote so I really didn’t know what you were talking about. I assumed it was about the post from Tuttle.

Well to be fair put something in a quote that wasnt a quote so I really didn’t know what you were talking about. I assumed it was about the post from Tuttle.
It wasn’t a direct quote off him my bad. It’s a general thing because we’ve been hearing about it for years. The Joe discussion is a different one where I definitely can agree with you on some points. What you said wasn’t really wrong either of course other coaches are negatively recruiting against us every school does it. However, that doesn’t mean every thing they try to negatively say is actually negative. this is college basketball we know by now that a lot of these guys don’t care what they do and say as long as they land their guys and get their wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.