Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Looks like Bville will be have an 8th grader on Varsity this year. Already 6'+. Projected (I have heard) to get to 6'7" - 6'9". Keep an eye out.
Plays in some program sponsored by Chris Paul.
He should get a good chance, as Bville is losing Gabe Horan (early SU enrollee, he hopes) and another player, Brandon Mimas, who will concentrate on soccer training, as he has numerous college offers (D1 and D2).

Last edited:
Looks like Bville will be have an 8th grader on Varsity this year. Already 6'+. Projected (I have heard) to get to 6'7" - 6'9". Keep an eye out.
Plays in some program sponsored by Chris Paul.
He should get a good chance, as Bville is losing Gabe Horan (early SU enrollee, he hopes) and another player, Brandon Mimas, who will concentrate on soccer training, as he has numerous college offers (D1 and D2).

My son played against him last week. Kid is a lights out shooter. Needs to get stronger, but athletic as heck. He's a year away. Once he puts on some muscle, he'll be nearly unstoppable.

This is all nice stuff, but does anyone know what the kid's actual name is? How else are we supposed to "keep an eye out" Tuttle?

This is all nice stuff, but does anyone know what the kid's actual name is? How else are we supposed to "keep an eye out" Tuttle?
I am guessing JJ Starling. Looks like a good athlete. His outside shot is a set shot with a super slow release, so he has a lot of work to do. But anyone playing varsity that young is pretty impressive...

JJ Starling on Hudl

I am guessing JJ Starling. Looks like a good athlete. His outside shot is a set shot with a super slow release, so he has a lot of work to do. But anyone playing varsity that young is pretty impressive...

JJ Starling on Hudl
clarice.jpg

still suprises me these kids can pass the test to compete in HS as 8th graders.

So many kids go to strength and conditioning trainers year round practicing shuttle times, endurance, flexibility and agility including weight training that if a kid is a decent size they can pass the Athletic Placement test.

What we don't know...is if the kid age wise is really a 9th grader or young 10th grader. Also, some kids mature early and peak in 8th grade. Time will tell...gotta chuckle at the 2021 list. In Fall of 2020 I bet most of those names won't be there.

Last edited:
There's a kid named Jack McFadden who was a starter as an 8th grader on Maine-Endwell's varsity this past year in the southern tier. He's a 6'4 point guard who played with Starling on some travel teams. Like most kids he's a year older and will be a 15 year old freshman this year. He's supposedly very skilled and played with Ludden's Jai Smith in AAU.

I know that most of the JV kids on our teams could not pass the test to play Varsity ball if they had to actually do it.

There’s a kid where I’m from (dutchess county, in the Hudson Valley) who played on saugerties high school as a 7th grader last year. 5’10-6’ PG. averaged around 20 a game too. I’m pretty sure he plays in the city rocks association as well.

Starling projects right now as a big big time player. He's got McD's type of potential.

He looks about 6-2,6-3 now playing PG. if he gets to 6-6, 6-7 look out.

Same kinda growth pattern as Carmelo. You don't see 8th graders at that height with PG skills very often. Special player for sure.

Starling projects right now as a big big time player. He's got McD's type of potential.

He looks about 6-2,6-3 now playing PG. if he gets to 6-6, 6-7 look out.

Same kinda growth pattern as Carmelo. You don't see 8th graders at that height with PG skills very often. Special player for sure.

Let's hope he likes Syracuse :)

There's a kid named Jack McFadden who was a starter as an 8th grader on Maine-Endwell's varsity this past year in the southern tier. He's a 6'4 point guard who played with Starling on some travel teams. Like most kids he's a year older and will be a 15 year old freshman this year. He's supposedly very skilled and played with Ludden's Jai Smith in AAU.

If basketball doesn't work out for him, he can open a tavern with a name like that.

Also, BVille just added a kid from Africa. About 6' 8". ( Taller than Horan) Was a volleyball player. Should be interesting. I may have to go to a game.

FWIW, through 5 games Starling is averaging 14ppg.

Eric Hampford‏ @MADE_Hampford
FollowFollow @MADE_Hampford
More

Secret is out on 2022 City Rocks (NY) G JJ Starling. I'd been tipped off on the talented 6'2" scorer previously, but have finally gotten eyes on him. Hype has been justified at #8thGradeFinale. Major talent.

There was a very good female basketball player named Crystal Starling who played for Nottingham HS and was a star player for Va Tech. She played at Nottingham in the 90's. Wonder if this JJ is a relative?

So many kids go to strength and conditioning trainers year round practicing shuttle times, endurance, flexibility and agility including weight training that if a kid is a decent size they can pass the Athletic Placement test.

unless things have changed in the last 20 years, myself and one other guy did it in 8th grade with out having to prep for it. wasnt that big of a deal if you were athletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.