Class of 2017 - PG Jordan Goldwire duke commit | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Jordan Goldwire duke commit

goodroc

Starter
Anyone know anything about this kid. Just committed to duke 3 star. Seems odd I can't find a mention of him in this board.

Jabroni.

Nah, that's not fair. I've got nothing.

If a kid doesn't really have pro aspirations, there can be worse things in life than to be a practice player under K and get a free Duke education. Maybe the kid really wants to be a coach.

I bet the kid redshirts this year, becomes part of the Duke bench that likes to act super intense, graduates in 3.5-4 yrs and plays a grad year somewhere. Hopefully he doesn't mind not playing much, but definitely a great move for his future.

I bet the kid redshirts this year, becomes part of the Duke bench that likes to act super intense, graduates in 3.5-4 yrs and plays a grad year somewhere. Hopefully he doesn't mind not playing much, but definitely a great move for his future.

You're probably right. Not going to lie, I'd find it hard to turn down if I was looking at schools like Eastern Kentucky and a Duke offer fell into my lap.

It could be a non-basketball decision for the kid too. If he is a 3 star he may recognize a pro career is unlikely. But maybe he wants to go to medical school or something later and a Duke degree would look pretty good for that.

If a kid doesn't really have pro aspirations, there can be worse things in life than to be a practice player under K and get a free Duke education. Maybe the kid really wants to be a coach.

Future assistant coach all the way

He's going to transfer after a year or drop five bombs on us in the dome in three years.

It's literally one or the other.

The mad bomber theory would be true if he was going to Louisville, but K is more like JB - he won't let this kid anywhere near the court. So it will be option A, transfer in a year or two when they need the scholarship.

If I was a low D1 baseball prospect, and taking visits to SUNY Binghamton, Lehigh, and Wagner, I'd commit to Stanford the second they offered me, even if I wouldn't have a chance of seeing the field until senior year.

If I was a low D1 baseball prospect, and taking visits to SUNY Binghamton, Lehigh, and Wagner, I'd commit to Stanford the second they offered me, even if I wouldn't have a chance of seeing the field until senior year.
Totally agree. I would also visit Louisville if asked to visit whether I had interest in them or not.

well yeah - him committing isn't the weird part - it's Duke offering that's weird (to me)

Well, contrary to popular belief - even Duke can't get a 4-5* guy to be the #13 dude on the end of the bench. ;)

Only Kentucky can do that. :p

And since Dook has their full allotment of 13 scholarships to spend -
because they've never, ever done anything shady or against the rules -
they can afford to take a flyer on a program/practice guy now and again.

He's going to transfer after a year or drop five bombs on us in the dome in three years.

It's literally one or the other.
Could be both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom