Class of 2020 - PG Jordan Ivy-Curry (TX) Portal to UCF | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PG Jordan Ivy-Curry (TX) Portal to UCF

Not bad numbers for a guy that didn't start a single game this past season and only played 27mpg.

This one is pretty interesting to me. "Only" 36% from 3 for his career, but he gets a lot of shots up and they are often off the dribble, off movement, etc. so more impactful in terms of putting pressure on the defense. 25! points per game per 40 minutes this past season (and also 25 over the last two seasons against top 150 KenPom teams) on okay efficiency (around the same TS% as Judah, Copeland, and JJ this past season). And as others have mentioned, he was the 6th man for UTSA (and for Pacific the year prior), so he'd seemingly be okay in the same role here where he could be our Jason Terry/Jamal Crawford type of guy off the bench (not saying he's nearly as skilled as those guys, just saying his role would be to come off the bench and get buckets).

I doubt they'll mess with it since he's just a rental (and also, we tend to not mess with guy's shooting mechanics a ton anyways), but this kid has a lot going on with lower body on his jumper when he pulls up off the dribble/off movement. Could unlock some more consistency in his shooting with some tweaks if they wanted to. Feels like he has the type of feel for shooting where he could afford to tweak the mechanics a little without much fear of it messing him up but that's just my humble opinion.

Last edited:
This one is pretty interesting to me. "Only" 36% from 3 for his career, but he gets a lot of shots up and they are often off the dribble, off movement, etc. so more impactful in terms of putting pressure on the defense. 25! points per game per 40 minutes this past season (and also 25 over the last two seasons against top 150 KenPom teams) on okay efficiency (around the same TS% as Judah, Copeland, and JJ this past season). And as others have mentioned, he was the 6th man for UTSA (and for Pacific the year prior), so he'd seemingly be okay in the same role here where he could be our Jason Terry/Jamal Crawford type of guy off the bench (not saying he's nearly as skilled as those guys, just saying his role would be to come off the bench and get buckets).

7.3 Reb and 4.3 ast per 40 too. Not a great A:T ratio though.

7.3 Reb and 4.3 ast per 40 too. Not a great A:T ratio though.
Yeah, I admittedly have not watched him beyond highlights yet, but he is definitely a doing a lot in the minutes that he gets lol. Only 3.2 assists per 40 in those KenPom games, so with that combined with the number of shots he's getting up, it definitely feels like he's really in the game to just get shots up and if he happens to get a couple assists along the way, even better.

This is another dude right here... think we would take him in a heartbeat.

Would be very happy if the staff made this one happen somehow.

Just thinking out loud here. Out of the schools that have reached out, Ivy-Curry has the best chance of instant PT at Cuse. Kansas already loaded up with Storr and Mayo, WVU got Devries and Small, and I believe a solid portal guard transferred to SMU. If we somehow landed him, I'd be extremely happy.

Seems like a kid who can do it all.

As a senior in high school he averaged 31.5 points 6.9 assists, 5.9 rebounds and 4.8 steals per game.

Very productive coming off bench last season. A guy who can put points up in a hurry would be extremely valuable.

Where is he from originally?
Texas.

Kids has a weird timeline. Committed to app state out of high school, decommitted and went to UTSA. played two years there before deciding to portal and committing to New Mexico State. He then decommits from NMSU and goes to pacific for a year before transferring beck to UTSA for last season. Now this portal season he commited to Virginia Tech and decommitted.

WHAT IN THE

The competition we are facing and the NIL money he will likely demand. Hope I am wrong.

If we are engaging and not running away then I’d wager we aren’t afraid to make some calls if we can make a deal happen that’s worth it. I could be way off but just don’t think Leffew is a good enough player, top on our board or not, to make those call$$. All speculation of course on my part but not sure it’s an illogical take either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom