Class of 2017 - PG Jordan Walker (NJ) Transfer from Seton Hall to Tulane | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Jordan Walker (NJ) Transfer from Seton Hall to Tulane

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I dislike about this kid is his height. I know we have had small guards do well here, but Gillon has proven that it is tough for someone 5'10 to finish against the big boys. Flynn is the exception, but doubt this kid has half of Flynn's game.
Issue with Gillon is that he refuses to use a mid-range game. Dude is allergic to floaters and short jumpers it seems. How many blind drives to the hoop running into trees can us fans take smh. A smaller player must be smart and find other ways to score on this level.

Last edited:
Issue with Gillon is that he refuses to use a mid-range game. Dude is allergic to a floaters and short jumpers it seems. How many blind drives to the hoop running into trees can us fans take smh. A smaller player must be smart and find other ways to score on this level.
Trust me, not sure if you read the game thread because I know you like to stay on the recruiting side, but I was riding Gillon the entire game. The guy does not play smart, whatsoever. I am in favor of giving Battle the ball at the one and riding him.

Issue with Gillon is that he refuses to use a mid-range game. Dude is allergic to a floaters and short jumpers it seems. How many blind drives to the hoop running into trees can us fans take smh. A smaller player must be smart and find other ways to score on this level.

This.

At this stage of his career a guy like Gillon should have developed a floater and a mid range jumper. It's not there. That's why I don't ever see Howard developing any kind of offensive game. He's not a good shooter and doesn't have the ability to hit a floater or finish at the rim. Sad state of affairs.

Trust me, not sure if you read the game thread because I know you like to stay on the recruiting side, but I was riding Gillon the entire game. The guy does not play smart, whatsoever. I am in favor of giving Battle the ball at the one and riding him.
At this point it's worth a shot. Can't be any worse than what we have been watching all season from the PG position.

Correct. Frank has the same problem, and he's 6'5". It's not a height issue, it's a skill issue.

more fun perusing the recruiting board with "SU fans" in multiple threads making multiple posts just flat-out disparaging the program and the coach. this place has become such an joke

Can SU afford to diss another
This is pretty impressive -
Really? He's got no vertical he plays well below the rim. He looks like he's quick and hAs a nice handle but streetball doesn't translate to ACC ball. I doubt he makes any of those jumpers with a 6'3" guard on him. He's a Gillon highlight film coming out of highschool. Guys like him are a dime a dozen especially in New York . I'd rather have a 1 year transfer and recruit a real PG in 2018.

Really? He's got no vertical he plays well below the rim. He looks like he's quick and hAs a nice handle but streetball doesn't translate to ACC ball. I doubt he makes any of those jumpers with a 6'3" guard on him. He's a Gillon highlight film coming out of highschool. Guys like him are a dime a dozen especially in New York . I'd rather have a 1 year transfer and recruit a real PG in 2018.
Relax bruh, it's a joke playing off the fact that we turned down Jelly Fam #1 Isaiah Washington aka Jelly Dimes.

Relax bruh, it's a joke playing off the fact that we turned down Jelly Fam #1 Isaiah Washington aka Jelly Dimes.
So, what you are saying is, that if we took Isaiah Washington, we would have had our point guard for next year and it would have put us in a better position with many of the NY/NJ recruits over the next few years?

Issue with Gillon is that he refuses to use a mid-range game. Dude is allergic to floaters and short jumpers it seems. How many blind drives to the hoop running into trees can us fans take smh. A smaller player must be smart and find other ways to score on this level.
Gillon needs a ton of space to get his jump shot off. And in the ACC you just don't get that kind of space with the size and speed of the athletes.

Gillon needs a ton of space to get his jump shot off. And in the ACC you just don't get that kind of space with the size and speed of the athletes.
He is also ALWAYS late seeing the right pass. Many have mentioned, he doesn't hit Lydon on the pop. If the timing was right, Lydon would have about 5 more open threes from the top of the key (I haven't done the research, but I would bet he is very accurate from there) per game.

Spot on.

See? We CAN all get along!

Thread participation trophies for BOTH of you!
Come on, man. You're spoiling the party. :)
InternetFight.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors