Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 112 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was good enough that they considered keeping him instead of Steph. If Mintz is a college version of Monta, that's a huge win, for sure.
I'm actually really proud of myself for this comp.

But their games are eerily similar. The combo of craftiness and smoothness... it's rare.

I'm pretty excited for Mintz. He's going to have freshman moments, but we haven't had many players that can do what he can as a scorer at guard. Usually those multidimensional guys are dudes we land at forward.

What you talking about Willis? Mintz is an intellectual on the court… composed, seeing things develop before everyone else, then makes the appropriate move… Ennis like. Copeland is dribbling behind his back, between his legs amongst 2 defenders, driving the lane like a truck, flipping behind the back passes to teammates (Boeheim s favorite). His play is flamboyant.

And yes happy hour has arrived

Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

But their games are eerily similar. The combo of craftiness and smoothness... it's rare.

I'm pretty excited for Mintz. He's going to have freshman moments, but we haven't had many players that can do what he can as a scorer at guard. Usually those multidimensional guys are dudes we land at forward.

A guy who can impact the game in multiple ways such that he can even control it for stretches is what I think he is and hope as well. That is what you need to win those 7 or 8 more games to be a good team.

Agreed, his feel for the game, the way he uses pump fakes and spins -- we haven't had a player like this, IMO.

He's going to be really fun to watch.

Great comp. I just watched Monta Ellis highlights, and it looks exactly like Mintz highlights.

I think we all knew this, but it’s still great to see!
Even though it seems like the obvious decision for us, the fact a reporter (no matter how dubious his height predictions) is tweeting it means it probably came from a source inside the program.

Hypothetically, it wouldn't be unbelievable for JB to squint really hard at Taylor and see Buddy Reincarnate and decide to play he and Girard together with Mintz and Torrence coming off the bench...

(If that lineup occurs without at least three injuries to the guards, I'll quit watching this season)

If Rothstein is tweeting Mintz will be the PG, it's a kind of confirmation of our collective beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom