Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
my-phone-fudge-nuggets-dance.gif

rule 1- DONT listen to outside noise. It’s been cuse for a long time
Rule 2- thank Red for his work. He busted his Azz the last couple months

A big thanks to Benny and JB. JB didn’t let Benny walk out (Like he wanted to) and he’s coming back next year. JB sold him on playing with his friends. This is huge for the program!!
Yea, I don’t agree with a few people on here who say Red isn’t a good recruiter. I have no idea about his ability to be a head coach, but I see recruiting, his connections and the trust that people have in him as one of his strengths. Cheers to him on this huge win.

Long time lurker, first time poster because I have to put my observations out there. I started following this forum and recruiting in 2015 when I was in high school. I primarily get my info off of social media because I grew up with it and with a computer science degree that I focused heavily in social media and analytics, I’ve come to notice patterns over the years by trying to disseminate info from recruits social media accounts and posts. Two things I will say that I have noticed about Mintz that typically in the past has led to commitments. The first being that Mintz follows every Syracuse recruit on instagram. He follows a few recruits from the other schools but no where near the love he appears to have for our players and recruiting class. The other thing that is interesting is him wanting to play with Zion Cruz. They were together briefly at Oak Hill and it seems like there was something odd that happened that drove both Dior and Zion out of there. This is just a theory but there could’ve always been some bad blood between all of them since Mintz was going to get a lot of minutes. The other trends I’ve noticed as well with our recruiting class is that they are actively recruiting him hard on his posts and reposting his clips on their stories. I noticed Quadir had reposted his clip with an orange heart the other day, so even Quadir who people think feels threatened by Mintz coming and taking time from him is actively recruiting him and seems perfectly fine with staying if he commits. The only school that might have another reason for him going there is NC State, and that’s because his girlfriend goes to NC A&T but we all know how that goes. Last but certainly not least, I’ve seen recruits slip little hints here and there as to where they are going on social media. His twitter likes aren’t revealing but the tik tok (trust me I hate it just as much as you old folks) that was posted here interestingly had a picture of him in his syracuse jersey while on the visit amongst a collage of pictures of him playing basletball “all grown up” with the caption “how bad did it hurt”. Take what you will from that but to me its him saying “look at me back in the day and look at me now and where I’ve made it”. Also interesting no other school visit photos were posted in that video or any others. Again just observations of mine and I hate to try and inspire false hope if things are trending poorly but hey I wouldn’t be mad if it was right.
Well let’s just say I’m not mad!;) It sucked being the only one to believe in it for a solid month, and I was so confident with my data that I finally felt it was enough to get some people talking about him but I’m glad the follow the leader crystal ball prediction prediction also panned out as that seemed to finally get some people to at least say what if. Social media don’t lie!!!! Time for me to find a new recruit:cool:

Joe to the two, hopefully Cole, Jesse at the 5, Mintz at the pg. Hopefully Benny improves or we have an impact freshman at the other forward spot, we have an actual team with guys playing where they should play. Think this team is a lot better than last years already.
3 guard lineup, with Cole and Jessie up front, and no injuries, = we get off the bubble. Will this impact Cole's decision?

Yea, I don’t agree with a few people on here who say Red isn’t a good recruiter. I have no idea about his ability to be a head coach, but I see recruiting, his connections and the trust that people have in him as one of his strengths. Cheers to him on this huge win.
Yeah. From what I can tell it's been more a matter of who/when he was "permitted" to recruit - and whom the HC would be willing to "sign off on"

This better get JG3 off the ball for the majority of every game.

25-30 mpg for Mintz PG
10-15 mpg Symir
JG3 for 30ish at SG, Mintz for the rest or Taylor spot minutes up top.
Taylor will have to play F, but with Swider iffy, that is a necessity.

If JB actually plays the players to their strengths, this could be a tourney team next year. I think D and rebounding will still be a major problem, but we should get far more athletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom