Class of 2017 - PG Lavar Batts (NC) to UNCAsheville | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Lavar Batts (NC) to UNCAsheville

Top 100 kid currently committed to VCU; may request release after Will Wade left for LSU. Given the lack of depth of this year's point guard class, may be worth a look (if the staff can get down to NC)

Love how explosive he looks and like he has an edge to him. If he ends up available we should at the very least make a run at him now that Waters is out of the picture.

Love how explosive he looks and like he has an edge to him. If he ends up available we should at the very least make a run at him now that Waters is out of the picture.
What I'm seeing about Waters is conflicting. What if anything says we are definitively out of the picture for Waters? Zagoria is all over the place on him!

What I'm seeing about Waters is conflicting. What if anything says we are definitively out of the picture for Waters? Zagoria is all over the place on him!

I feel confident in saying that with Hop in Washington Waters will not be coming to Syracuse.

Love how that dude attacks.

Wouldn't you think LSU would be a new favorite if he decides to remove VCU?

I feel confident in saying that with Hop in Washington Waters will not be coming to Syracuse.
What makes you say that? Did Hop ever contact him or is it some other reason? So Kansas is not expressing interest, and Duke will possibly have both Jackson and Kennard at guard next season. How can we be excluded with those scenarios in play?

This should be in the Waters thread. Let's keep it brief in this thread about Waters. We're going off on a tangent.

What makes you say that? Did Hop ever contact him or is it some other reason? So Kansas is not expressing interest, and Duke will possibly have both Jackson and Kennard at guard next season. How can we be excluded with those scenarios in play?

This should be in the Waters thread. Let's keep it brief in this thread about Waters. We're going off on a tangent.
I think it has something to do with him not wanting to play zone.

Sometimes kids just aren't real interested in certain styles of play. The zone defense has been effective for us but not everyone likes the idea of playing it. Also, as other have stated, JB wasn't real interested in him last time he was on the market.

Kid's name is literally Lavar Ball with the "$" symbol worked into it. Are we sure it's not just him looking to use the remainder of his eligibility under a terrible alias?

Yes please!

That's a pretty impressive highlight reel -- that's what I envisioned Kaleb Joseph being like when we signed him.

How'd he end up at VCU? Also couldn't get a feel for his outside shooting.

That's a pretty impressive highlight reel -- that's what I envisioned Kaleb Joseph being like when we signed him.

Looked a little flat and not the quickest release but decent form. Hard to tell on a handful of 3's and jumpers. I loved his agressive attack of the rim.

Elite athlete, reminds me a little of Markelle Fultz. We are kind of just staring into the bakery window at this point.

Top 100 kid currently committed to VCU; may request release after Will Wade left for LSU. Given the lack of depth of this year's point guard class, may be worth a look (if the staff can get down to NC)
Omg please Santa

Very nice skill set and body control. I would definitely try and connect with him to see if there might be mutual interest!

Very nice skill set and body control. I would definitely trey and connect with him to see if their might be mutual interest!

I think I like Blake Harris's game a little better. Batts is more athletic though. My hope is that the staff starts calling some of these guys and doesn't hold out waiting on Ayala or Duarte. I like both of those kids as well but qualifying for next season could be and issue and Ayala is a combo guard while Duarte is a 2G. Batts and Harris are both PG's that were already signed for 2017 and shouldn't have issues qualifying. I'd love to add either one and then still try to get either Ayala or Duarte. Duarte is going to put up a lot of points somewhere in college at some point in the next 2 or 3 years.

Has he been released from his LOI or asked for a release?

I think I like Blake Harris's game a little better. Batts is more athletic though. My hope is that the staff starts calling some of these guys and doesn't hold out waiting on Ayala or Duarte. I like both of those kids as well but qualifying for next season could be and issue and Ayala is a combo guard while Duarte is a 2G. Batts and Harris are both PG's that were already signed for 2017 and shouldn't have issues qualifying. I'd love to add either one and then still try to get either Ayala or Duarte. Duarte is going to put up a lot of points somewhere in college at some point in the next 2 or 3 years.

Harris is a little taller, but this kid is something else. Would love to find more game footage of Batts to see his game, not just highlights.

Either one of them would be a decent "get" at this point.

Would be nice to land one of them and either Ayala or Duarte. Along with Howard Washington, that would really be a solid haul in the backcourt.

Harris is a little taller, but this kid is something else. Would love to find more game footage of Batts to see his game, not just highlights.

Either one of them would be a decent "get" at this point.

Would be nice to land one of them and either Ayala or Duarte. Along with Howard Washington, that would really be a solid haul in the backcourt.

Agreed. To me you have to make Batts and Harris a priority right now because no one else we are looking at is a primary PG. Recruit both first to commit is it.

Agreed. To me you have to make Batts and Harris a priority right now because no one else we are looking at is a primary PG. Recruit both first to commit is it.

I could be very wrong, but I don't think there is any association between Batts and SU. The OP was just speculating that Batts might be thinking about leaving.

I could be very wrong, but I don't think there is any association between Batts and SU. The OP was just speculating that Batts might be thinking about leaving.

The association is he's a PG who is uncommitted and we desperately need a PG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom