Class of 2017 - PG Mike Okauru (NC/NH) Brewster Academy to Florida | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Mike Okauru (NC/NH) Brewster Academy to Florida

Not bad video, might be worth a shot to go after him. Could be a decent a pick-up...be nice to see what happens once he really hits the weights.

Out of the two Brewster kids I like this kid the most. Looks like a good athlete, solid release at the top of his jumper, looks like he has some enough quickness too play at this level. Not sure how good of a shooter he is (guessing the other brewster kid is the better shooter of the two but tough to tell from highlight reals)?

Another of the unsigned Brewster guys that could be worth a look.
If the staff likes any of these kids, there is no reason for them to not pursue them. I'm sure JAB pulls no punches. Probably tells these kids that if they work hard they will get an opportunity for playing time and in the mean time you will be a part of one of the top college basketball programs out there. Anything is possible.

Last edited:
Francis, are these kids [from Brewster] we're now getting involved with, or are you just putting them out there as possibilities?

5cpqib906m494bggsjyg_reasonably_small.jpeg

Mood for all things Cuse BBall these days.

Time for change people and a BIG change, "Clean the House". Like I said in previous post, JB to retire and for us to get the best coach available out there and some top recruiters/assistants and start rebuilding and do it now so with all the scholarships for the next few years we can build a respectable team and a staff that can recruit and teach our players, "mainly the bigs" how to play. I haven't seen a SU team regress so much in one year and it isn't because we lost so much talent because we got good players to replace them, its the whole team. I see coach JB is not as intense at coaching as he has in the past few years and maybe due to him ready to retire. But as far as Hopkins, he is NOT the right replacement for JB, and as far as the asst, coaches, they were great player for SU while they were here but they are not coaches that can recruit, "maybe other than Autry" but we need ones that can teach these young players how to play and work as a team. Yes you are going to blast me but I as a SU fan is killing me to see this just continue and I see it is getting worst.. jmo...

Got a chance to watch Okauru today at the Hoop Hall Classic. Not sure if he was hurt or sick or what, but he did not start, and when he did play, he showed very little game. Finished with 2 points on free throws and missed two shots from the field, including a 3. Also had 2 rebounds. He was a complete non-factor against Monteverde. Of course, this is an extremely small sample, but with the way things are on this board these days, this sort of could qualify for a bit of good news;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom