Class of 2025 - PG Nigel James (NY) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PG Nigel James (NY) Offered

This kid is going to blow up this year playing with Kiyan and LuHi. Top of my list for a '25 PG and loves the Cuse
I was just reviewing the LuHi schedule for their NIBC team that these guys play for. They are scheduled throughout the country with the closest in Springfield, MA on Jan 13th and 15th. However they did play in the federation cup in Glens Falls last year so that might be a possibility.

I was just reviewing the LuHi schedule for their NIBC team that these guys play for. They are scheduled throughout the country with the closest in Springfield, MA on Jan 13th and 15th. However they did play in the federation cup in Glens Falls last year so that might be a possibility.
Yeah, LuHi will play in the Spalding Hoophall Classic in January. Not sure about the federation cup, as I thought I read somewhere that it was going away. Could be wrong, though. LuHi is also playing in the Bahamas and numerous other showcase events...

Marquette’s uniforms were so much better 2013ish era

Marquette’s uniforms were so much better 2013ish era
Marquette wore its bumblebee uniforms one year when I believe they picked the NIT over the NCAA tourney, and then they (the uniforms) were banned by the NCAA, if my memory is right.

PS lLooking back we should have known then it was time to get rid of the NCAA hierarchy

This kid brings a lot to the table, but I think Tyler Jackson has first dibs on the 2025 point guard position. He’s coming in the weekend of Jan. 27. I can’t imagine taking both of them. They are also recruiting the Dixon kid pretty aggressively too. It’s kind of nice not putting all your eggs into one basket.

When you watch LuHi, this kid's leadership immediately stands out - he's engaged on the court huddling his teammates and standing up calling out plays when on the bench. There's been much discussion this year about a lead-guard being just that, a leader.

Old School PG qualities that have been missing around here and could go a long way in establishing a program toughness & identity. Tyler Jackson may be more dynamic, but Cuse fans would love this kid for four years

When you watch LuHi, this kid's leadership immediately stands out - he's engaged on the court huddling his teammates and standing up calling out plays when on the bench. There's been much discussion this year about a lead-guard being just that, a leader.

Old School PG qualities that have been missing around here and could go a long way in establishing a program toughness & identity. Tyler Jackson may be more dynamic, but Cuse fans would love this kid for four years
This is so well said, my friend.

Kiyan Anthony, a top recruit in the 2025 class, said he has to cancel a visit to the Syracuse University campus that was scheduled for this weekend.

In a text message conversation with Syracuse.com, Anthony, the son of SU legend Carmelo Anthony, said a conflict with his high school team’s basketball practice would force him to cancel an unofficial visit to Syracuse this weekend.

Anthony and Nigel James, teammates at Long Island Lutheran High School, were both planning to visit Syracuse this weekend as the Orange hosts Miami on Saturday afternoon.

This kid brings a lot to the table, but I think Tyler Jackson has first dibs on the 2025 point guard position. He’s coming in the weekend of Jan. 27. I can’t imagine taking both of them. They are also recruiting the Dixon kid pretty aggressively too. It’s kind of nice not putting all your eggs into one basket.
Often in recruiting its first come first served.

I've talked to Nigel and his dad a bunch of times. They love 'Cuse. Candidly, I think Nigel is underrated in this class, but if he continues to play well for LuHi, he'll move up in the rankings. It is interesting the strategy here, given SU seems to be prioritizing Nigel, but Tyler J. is visiting soon and Jerry Easter also reportedly wants to visit. Dixon is more of a combo guard.

We need some studs in the front court. Not many post men being mentioned. A few forwards have visited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom