Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 107 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think Gerry should come up with more money?

Of course, every time we lose a recruit it's because we didn't pony up money.

Imagine the team we'd have the past 30 years if we paid these guys what the other schools were.

It's crazy that we do the right thing day in and day out on the recruiting trail but we end up getting sanctioned while the other schools don't.

I won't give up on this cycle at all. I thought we were in good shape last year when Battle decided to come and the future was bright, the bright future turned blinding after our commits later on and with the grad transfers. There is a LOT of work to be done though. I'm the type that's happy when we're competitive and can win 20+ games over the course of the year and make the tournament. We still have work to do to get to that point.

Fare enough.

Of course, it happens to every coach and I understand that. It's not whiffing on Green, it's what else is left that is going to make next years team great? What combination of players are we going to be able to sign that will set us up for the next 2-3 years? We have a lot of holes to fill.

Not really--we have maybe 1 or 2 holes to fill [wing positions], given returning personnel. And maybe really only 1 if Battle returns.

What we need is depth, particularly in the backcourt / at the 3. I don't believe that things are quite as dire as you're making them out to be.

two3zone said:
Of course, every time we lose a recruit it's because we didn't pony up money. Imagine the team we'd have the past 30 years if we paid these guys what the other schools were. It's crazy that we do the right thing day in and day out on the recruiting trail but we end up getting sanctioned while the other schools don't.

And that's a different discussion.

Not really--we have maybe 1 or 2 holes to fill [wing positions], given returning personnel. And maybe really only 1 if Battle returns.

What we need is depth, particularly in the backcourt / at the 3. I don't believe that things are quite as dire as you're making them out to be.
Maybe Battle and Lydon stay and Howard continues to develop...its all a crap shoot.

Can't blame GMac here, he and the rest of the staff have kissed QGs arse since day one, and pushed others away to focus on him and him only. It's no accident that Calipari has 8 or whatever the hell number of McDonalds All Americans on his roster, every freaking year. Whether it's boosters paying kids, WWW stepping in, whatever it may be, Kentucky(and Duke) are miles above everyone else.

At what point would/do you question the recruiter?
When we start losing guys we go all in on when either A. We are on an even playing field or B. We're losing them to Providence or UConn lower level programs.

Irt4su said:
Maybe Battle and Lydon stay and Howard continues to develop...its all a crap shoot.

I can see both staying. Not a sure thing but the possibility exists.

My biggest concern with so many ships open and depth to fill we should never have limited ourselves to one target. When you do that and you don't land that target you are left in a very bad spot and scrambling on Plan C type options.

Chukwu/Sidibe
Thompson/Moyer/Brissett
Anonymous SF
Battle or Nobody
Howard.

The 4/5 are set for years in advance, but we're in some trouble everywhere else.

What we need is depth, particularly in the backcourt / at the 3.

If Battle comes back great but we still don't have a great team, middle of the pack ACC maybe a little worse.

Howard
Battle
Moyer/Brissett
Thompson
7'2"

Bench:

Moyer/Brissett

I could honestly live with that 5, but that could be a huge hole at the 5 and 3. We'd still need a guy who can play the 5/4 at 20+ minutes a game, need a guard who could play 10+ minutes a game, and who knows if Moyer or Brissett can even play the 3 at this level.

That seems like it's a lot more than 1-2 holes to fill.

I can see both staying. Not a sure thing but the possibility exists.

I wouldn't be shocked to see 1 of them back, both would be great but I think its highly unlikely. Not beyond the realm of possibility but very low odds.

CfJAmtTVIAE3oKy.jpg

Great picture as to how I feel and a fantastic photoshop

Chukwu/Sidibe
Thompson/Moyer/Brissett
Anonymous SF
Battle or Nobody
Howard.

The 4/5 are set for years in advance, but we're in some trouble everywhere else.

You should add Green, pencil in Tucker and hope Diallo doesn't go to the NBA.

"Maker's transfer north of the border took him out of consideration for our rankings, as we only rank prospects who play high school basketball in the United States. Our policy was devised because of the difficulty of evaluating international players -- we don’t feel it provides an accurate service to our readers to evaluate players we may not have seen. With an increasing number of international players participating on the AAU circuit -- Maker, Kentucky commit Jamal Murray and UNLV commit Justin Jackson(who will transfer from Findlay Prep and play high school basketball in Canada next year, he told ESPN last week) among them -- it's a policy we may revisit."

ESPN 100: Where would we have ranked Thon Maker?

Whoa, chill. Regardless of whomever has a source or not, if Green's plan is to announce Saturday, if he has sent an LOI,
the hoops office was probably informed by the coaches ... "the first rule is, you do not talk about Quade. the second rule is, YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT
QUADE." and if he's told the coaches, "hey, I'm UK bound, I'd like to announce Sat, can you not spoil that", then the coaches aren't going to spread
that around either.

But it isn't always the recruiter for your school. GMac, Weaver, Murphy, Hop, they'd all be pushing the same thing to a top kid now. If you lose, it's
not cuz those guys stunk. Az and Nova gotta be wondering about Walker, "what? Miami? uhh ... why?" If you lose him, I'd definitely question the
"we'll stop recruiting A, B, and C, and solely focus on one kid." The better option I'd think would be "hey, we're recruiting you, you, and you. First
come, first served. The program will do fine with any one (or more) of you, but we're not backing off the others to make one of you happy." And I hope
that is a strategy they adopt.

Just let it play out, and we'll be happy, or we won't. And then we'll go back to enjoying the just administered stomping of Monmouth, and enjoying the
ride to Phoenix for an April 3rd victory.

Kev

"Maker's transfer north of the border took him out of consideration for our rankings, as we only rank prospects who play high school basketball in the United States. Our policy was devised because of the difficulty of evaluating international players -- we don’t feel it provides an accurate service to our readers to evaluate players we may not have seen. With an increasing number of international players participating on the AAU circuit -- Maker, Kentucky commit Jamal Murray and UNLV commit Justin Jackson(who will transfer from Findlay Prep and play high school basketball in Canada next year, he told ESPN last week) among them -- it's a policy we may revisit."

ESPN 100: Where would we have ranked Thon Maker?

I get that, but he's also being called a 3 star by some sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.