Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 158 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts: The idea of Quade changing his mind to Kentucky swept through a few "analysts" and their "predictions" causing all others to think he was slipping away. Group think is a real thing. His choice never changed.
Jake is solid. Him, francis - these two you trust. A few of the others, not so much. O13 though has a good track record so this is the only confusing part.

Jake is solid. Him, francis - these two you trust. A few of the others, not so much. O13 though has a good track record so this is the only confusing part.

I think there is plenty to this story which will never come to fruition. MAYBE Quade sent LOI's to both schools with the instructions for the other school to shred his LOI.

MAYBE it's aliens. Ancient ones.

Jake said:
Is there any tin foil left in Syracuse?

image-24623214.jpg

This is amazing. Are you quadrupling down now? I dare you, just dare you, to quintuple down. God bless you if you're right, but at this point, for me, there's just too much info going the other way to expect Green to land here. If it turns out that way, that'll be a very unexpected but happy end to pretty wild ride. Either way, I salute you for your rosy outlook, and appreciate you offering whatever info. you have.

2 things:
- with O13 source supposedly being a player, is it concerning that gilardino talked to a former player who was texting with OTHER former players who think Quade is not coming here
- Jake, Bees, Dash, Francis all are people who seem to rely their information directly. They don't sugarcoat it, they just kind of say it say "this is what it is". O13 on the other hand, is a little over the top and seems to exaggerate things to make his point. I'm a fan of O13 and he was dead on with AW3 and TT - but the fact that he has not even displayed a little hesistancy in this case to me just makes it seem like he's playing it up. He's going all in regardless. I hope he's right, but the closer it gets to 8PM, the more I worry that for the first time here, he won't be right.

Group meet up after FSU game to drink and watch "the decision"? Lol.

2 things:
- with O13 source supposedly being a player, is it concerning that gilardino talked to a former player who was texting with OTHER former players who think Quade is not coming here
- Jake, Bees, Dash, Francis all are people who seem to rely their information directly. They don't sugarcoat it, they just kind of say it say "this is what it is". O13 on the other hand, is a little over the top and seems to exaggerate things to make his point. I'm a fan of O13 and he was dead on with AW3 and TT - but the fact that he has not even displayed a little hesistancy in this case to me just makes it seem like he's playing it up. He's going all in regardless. I hope he's right, but the closer it gets to 8PM, the more I worry that for the first time here, he won't be right.

I doubt former players or former anybody's are truly 'in the know.'

I doubt former players or former anybody's are truly 'in the know.'

I was going to ask about this too? I assume that some are probably in the know but some are also probably just hearing all the talk show hosts saying Quade is gone and are going off of that. Guess it depends how tapped in the one gilardino talked to is.

At any rate, I still believe Jake and Co. on this one but I hope O13 is right in the end.

I guess I am in the group that is in the not so much. lol
So whats the call. Is he SU or KY?
13 is all in on Cuse. Are you sticking with KY. No pun intended.

2 things:
he was wrong about Randolph to wake. And with one of those two you give him credit for, he kept saying it would be this week as it dragged on. As for me, I have never said it was done to Kentucky. My information was as of Thursday and at that time i was told that it looked bleak for us but that we were still trying. I know nothing of a signed LOI that was already sent. My main point is that if O13 says that Green is ours and always has been, he is 100% wrong. That is a fact. for all I know, he could have switched back. It doesn't look like that but I hope he did.
I know what went on this week and it wasn't good for us.

I was going to ask about this too? I assume that some are probably in the know but some are also probably just hearing all the talk show hosts saying Quade is gone and are going off of that. Guess it depends how tapped in the one gilardino talked to is.

At any rate, I still believe Jake and Co. on this one but I hope O13 is right in the end.
We all do.

So whats the call. Is he SU or KY?
13 is all in on Cuse. Are you sticking with KY. No pun intended.
I just answered in my post above that I have never said that it was done. I only have written what I know for a fact. Green was ours. Then he wasn't. We were trying to get him to change his mind. And that was Thursday and the last I heard on the subject. KC, that is 100% fact. Not a guess. It troubles me that O13 doesn't know anything about this. for him to just say Green is ours and always has been, well, that is not true. I hope green switched back. I have not heard from anyone since Thursday. I do know that it didn't look promising on Thursday.

he was wrong about Randolph to wake. And with one of those two you give him credit for, he kept saying it would be this week as it dragged on. As for me, I have never said it was done to Kentucky. My information was as of Thursday and at that time i was told that it looked bleak for us but that we were still trying. I know nothing of a signed LOI that was already sent. My main point is that if O13 says that Green is ours and always has been, he is 100% wrong. That is a fact. for all I know, he could have switched back. It doesn't look like that but I hope he did.
Welp, I guess that settles that. Calipari strikes us again.

Let's just get kids that really want to be here

Dash, when you say 'what went on this week', can you elaborate a bit, as much as prudent on a public forum. Are we talking improprieties as many insinuate when it comes to UK, or just a change of heart?

Dash, when you say 'what went on this week', can you elaborate a bit, as much as prudent on a public forum. Are we talking improprieties as many insinuate when it comes to UK, or just a change of heart?
I know nothing about any improprieties. I know only of a "change of heart". What caused that change of heart, I have no clue.

I just answered in my post above that I have never said that it was done. I only have written what I know for a fact. Green was ours. Then he wasn't. We were trying to get him to change his mind. And that was Thursday and the last I heard on the subject. KC, that is 100% fact. Not a guess. It troubles me that O13 doesn't know anything about this. for him to just say Green is ours and always has been, well, that is not true. I hope green switched back. I have not heard from anyone since Thursday. I do know that it didn't look promising on Thursday.
Thank you. This one will be tough. I hope that going forward we cast a wider net. Lost out on some solid players based on Green.

So basically all but 1 insider has him switching to UK after his MSG visit. The tea leafs are definitely pointing to Kentucky .

The question now is, where do we go from here?

Welp, I guess that settles that. Calipari strikes us again.

Let's just get kids that really want to be here
It's easy to say this but we play in the ACC. We compete with Duke, UNC, Louisville, Miami and UVA. We can't just out-athlete people like in the Big East.

Kentucky and Duke have a strangehold on CBB recruiting but when a school like Syracuse (or UNC, Indiana, Arizona etc) are on a player for 2 years, there is zero excuse for losing him, even to UK or Duke. It's an indictment of recruiting. We can't hope to get bailed out by two stud 5th year transfers again.

Maybe Quade was the wrong guy to go all-in on because he's clearly not all-in on his future team (UK or Cuse) with how he's handled his recruitment, but we chose to be all-in. Nobody made us do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.