Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, let's read between the lines. Very recently, Quade said that he'll be announcing on the 19th. Shortly after, last Friday, 8 days before his very public announcement, presumably with his mind made up, he traveled 4 - 5 hours to Syracuse for our home game against Colgate. This visit was unannounced. He didn't tweet about it. One of two things happened here.

1) He traveled 4 - 5 hours to commit to JB and staff, and sign his NLI, and meet his future teammates one more time
2) He traveled 4 - 5 hours to tell JB in person that he wasn't coming to SU, but appreciated the recruitment

How many recruits make a special trip to tell a coach no thanks? It's not a cross town trip to Temple to say thanks, this is a trip with a purpose. You call a coach to say no thanks. You travel to a coach to commit and sign papers, and make yourself known to the team.
I agree, but hearing UK kids are trying to convince him to go to UK. And hanging out with them all day/night then waking up with a final decision sounds bad for us. Let's hope for the best

“I think he woke up today and he kind of knows what he wants to do,”

The night after seeing UK/MSU. I don't like the sound of that...

And just over 2 days after another top PG chose to play at UK.

“I think he woke up today and he kind of knows what he wants to do,”

The night after seeing UK/MSU. I don't like the sound of that...

Well if he woke up before that does he even get to make the trip ;)

You guys know he doesn't get to sit front row at a great game if he says his mind is made up 24 hours ago right?

I have zero connections to recruits or anything, but just using common sense, he easily could have made his mind up long ago and just wanted to milk it for some free tickets like any of us would do. I wouldn't read into that spin at all.

All we need to know is Quade has made his decision, will be announcing it soon, and we're considered to be in a good position (as far as we know).

Edit: Just kidding. Just saw Jake's post below. EVERYBODY PANIC!

This has been trending the wrong way for a bit. I hope we hang on here, but I'm definitely concerned.

I haven't posted because I didn't want to panic people, but I have never felt this was lock city, done deal as much as others have indicated.

You take this back, and you take it back right now!

This has been trending the wrong way for a bit. I hope we hang on here, but I'm definitely concerned.

I haven't posted because I didn't want to panic people, but I have never felt this was lock city, done deal as much as others have indicated.
This

Would be indicative of this entire recruiting cycle. Not much has been trending our way.

Really need to have a banner year this season to cement the program's status among the upper tier.

Frustrating.

Hearing that he might sign early after previously saying he wouldn't makes you think something has shifted. Not a good sign as others have pointed out above.

Why would he commit to Kentucky after Shai Alexander just gave his commitment? Doesn't make sense to me.
Because he knows he's better than him, and will start over him. Great players don't care who else is on the team.

This would realllllly hurt but gotta stay confident. This forum will be a mess tho if it is UK
This would be pretty devastating. He's been SU's most important recruit in the class for the past 2 years. Would be a serious morale shot to the chest.

he retweeted this

l
All thing sconsidered, that retweet is pretty good news. After seeing UK win at the Garden, then apparently deciding on UK (according to that article and some panicked people here), he retweets a picture of "Cuse Own the Garden". That is an odd way to endear the UK fan base

The kid got a front row seat to watch 4 great teams in the Garden with his boys because he hasn't officlaly committed yet. I think people are reading too much into that.

Maybe he he woke up and decided UK wasn't the place for him...

l
All thing sconsidered, that retweet is pretty good news. After seeing UK win at the Garden, then apparently deciding on UK (according to that article and some panicked people here), he retweets a picture of "Cuse Own the Garden". That is an odd way to endear the UK fan base

The kid got a front row seat to watch 4 great teams in the Garden with his boys because he hasn't officlaly committed yet. I think people are reading too much into that.

Maybe he he woke up and decided UK wasn't the place for him...

He retweets all kinds of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.