Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 131 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
iommi said:
Yes, you've been on this for a while. And you're right, this class is looking FUGLY. No way to spin it. We can talk about having faith in the staff but it's looking like we need to hit a gutshot on the river to make this class great. I'm not crazy about those odds.

The staff did a stellar job bringing in TT, Gillon and White, But I think they badly misread a lot of the recruits they offered in this class.

Agree!! Easily the best low post out to 15ft offensive freshman we've ever had!
Edit: other than DC1

And Carmelo. But he was low post out to 15...and out to 20. And pretty much everything else. And Billy Owens was too.

But other than the 3 most talented SU players of my lifetime who could do everything, yeah. I can't really think of another freshman that could score in the low post and could stick the 15 footer.

And Carmelo. But he was low post out to 15...and out to 20. And pretty much everything else. And Billy Owens was too.

But other than the 3 most talented SU players of my lifetime who could do everything, yeah. I can't really think of another freshman that could score in the low post and could stick the 15 footer.
Yeah, Melo in his prime was easily the best offensive player in the NBA, his defense was less than stellar though! Not James Harden bad, but nothing to get excited about either!

We should go after Hameir Wright hard and get him to reclassify for 2017. He can play the three and is more skilled than Moyer there IMO. I'm assuming Tucker and especially Diallo are a no go now without Quade.

Yeah, Melo in his prime was easily the best offensive player in the NBA, his defense was less than stellar though! Not James Harden bad, but nothing to get excited about either!

Nothing to get excited about, but not as bad as some make it out to be either. It's just gets more attention as a talking point because he's a star player. He's actually pretty good on ball, both in the post and on the perimeter. It's off the ball where's he's not that good, though not to embarrassing Harden levels.

We should go after Hameir Wright hard and get him to reclassify for 2017. He can play the three and is more skilled than Moyer there IMO. I'm assuming Tucker and especially Diallo are a no go now without Quade.
I don't think Quade eliminates Tucker...for both SU and he, options have dwindled.

Remember the days when you had to go out to the bars on a Tuesday night just because you didn't want to miss something really cool? Same thing. Gotta hang.
I'm only 23 and I'm actually not a drinker at all, but I am a teacher and have to be in early for a Thanksgiving feast, but I can't stay away from this thread. I keep telling myself just one more refresh then I'll close my eyes, and yet here I am still reading this damn thing.

As mentioned before, it's not only an amazingly interesting thread in relation to Quade's decision... but the seemingly 50/50 split on board insiders and those with access to info, both parties trusting their own sources/info... but both can't be right! Even what dasher has been saying directly contradicts what Zagoria has said in a published article, again, both can't be right. I don't think I've seen anything like it (not a super vet of the board, but been around for multiple years).

As mentioned before, it's not only an amazingly interesting thread in relation to Quade's decision... but the seemingly 50/50 split on board insiders and those with access to info, both parties trusting their own sources/info... but both can't be right! Even what dasher has been saying directly contradicts what Zagoria has said in a published article, again, both can't be right. I don't think I've seen anything like it (not a super vet of the board, but been around for multiple years).

True but if I read the posts right about 30 pages back, dash's source is 3. Tough to argue with that. And frankly at this time dash's take is the more optimistic version (no signed NLI and thus still a chance). I guess look at this way - if QG can flip so quickly to UK, he can flip back. There is still a day and some to get this done. Gerry was always best in the clutch.

Nothing is contradictory if read closely. Dasher said that as of 3pm we had not received an NLI and it was looking like UK. Zags said the NLI is in and the team was informed. That could've been anytime after 3. I don't see any contradiction.

Nothing is contradictory if read closely. Dasher said that as of 3pm we had not received an NLI and it was looking like UK. Zags said the NLI is in and the team was informed. That could've been anytime after 3. I don't see any contradiction.
So a clarification question... I would assume that Zags was talking about a LOI submitted by the deadline. Green can just backdate (?) and send it in today?

True but if I read the posts right about 30 pages back, dash's source is 3. Tough to argue with that. And frankly at this time dash's take is the more optimistic version (no signed NLI and thus still a chance). I guess look at this way - if QG can flip so quickly to UK, he can flip back. There is still a day and some to get this done. Gerry was always best in the clutch.
I didn't say who my source was. Having said that, I agree with the rest.

So a clarification question... I would assume that Zags was talking about a LOI submitted by the deadline. Green can just backdate (?) and send it in today?

Yes, that is my understanding. As long as it's dated by the deadline, it's good to go.

"Quade Green signed his National Letter of Intent on Wednesday night — the last day of the NCAA early signing period — and has already informed his future team where he is going, a source with direct knowledge of the situation told ZAGSBLOG." How does that vibe with what dasher is saying?

If it was indeed signed Wednesday night wouldn't that point towards cuse? because everything on here makes it seem like everything changed today sometime in the afternoon...so much going on in this thread it's nuts

"Quade Green signed his National Letter of Intent on Wednesday night — the last day of the NCAA early signing period — and has already informed his future team where he is going, a source with direct knowledge of the situation told ZAGSBLOG." How does that vibe with what dasher is saying?

Why doesn't it vibe? He signed it within the early period, could've informed the team Tuesday or Wednesday. Only thing that doesn't slightly vibe is how we could hope to sway Green back to Orange but perhaps we were doing the attempted swaying before the NLI was done.

It states the LOI was signed but not specified that it was sent in to the team yet (only that team was notified) so I guess is where it could be tricky and maybe why our coaches were still making a late push. I believe the only rule is that the school forwards the signed and dated LOI to their conference no later than 14 days after signing day or it's void.

FWIW - my buddy is pretty hooked up with the UK insiders on their board and he says he hasn't heard a thing yet about Q to UK...he's been pretty spot on with calling UK recruits and still says Young is still their #1 choice

again, FWIW...don't shoot the handsome messenger

It states the LOI was signed but not specified that it was sent in to the team yet (only that team was notified) so I guess is where it could be tricky and maybe why our coaches were still making a late push. I believe the only rule is that the school forwards the signed and dated LOI to their conference no later than 14 days after signing day or it's void.

Perfectly said.

FWIW - my buddy is pretty hooked up with the UK insiders on their board and he says he hasn't heard a thing yet about Q to UK...he's been pretty spot on with calling UK recruits and still says Young is still their #1 choice

again, FWIW...don't shoot the handsome messenger

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

My take is that this is not true. But he wants to sign in the early period. He will back date the NLI, but for things to be on the up-and-up, they are just saying it was signed before the deadline. That covers the statement about the signature timing. As for the team being informed? Who knows. Seems Either UK or us would know if the team was informed.

you have 167 posts here. you know nothing of the players here. I hope Green comes here. It is a fact that he is going to Kentucky as of this afternoon. Why would I bet against something I don't want to happen. SMH
Sure im just a drunk betting man thats all, i respect you and your info but i just love betting on anything and everything

I didn't say who my source was. Having said that, I agree with the rest.

I put the two posts below together from earlier tonight which followed in very close succession and assumed it was sort of a question then answer. Sorry for misinterpreting.

Interesting I can't recall dasher being this confident ... about any recruit really

Gerry MacNamara

Why doesn't it vibe? He signed it within the early period, could've informed the team Tuesday or Wednesday. Only thing that doesn't slightly vibe is how we could hope to sway Green back to Orange but perhaps we were doing the attempted swaying before the NLI was done.
dasher seems to be saying the "attempted swaying" is going on tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.