Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 132 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
dasher seems to be saying the "attempted swaying" is going on tonight

Gerry needs to be in the doorway of N-G High School tomorrow morning when QG arrives. That much I know.

True but if I read the posts right about 30 pages back, dash's source is 3. Tough to argue with that. And frankly at this time dash's take is the more optimistic version (no signed NLI and thus still a chance). I guess look at this way - if QG can flip so quickly to UK, he can flip back. There is still a day and some to get this done. Gerry was always best in the clutch.

Hop should have always been the lead on this. It's too important.

Sure im just a drunk betting man thats all, i respect you and your info but i just love betting on anything and everything
I gamble all the time. I want Green to go to Syracuse. Badly. But things have changed this week. And not for the better. And that is a fact. I hope they change back.

If he was ours until just now, and some stupid late "pitch" from cal wins him over, then I wouldnt want him anyway.

FWIW - my buddy is pretty hooked up with the UK insiders on their board and he says he hasn't heard a thing yet about Q to UK...he's been pretty spot on with calling UK recruits and still says Young is still their #1 choice

again, FWIW...don't shoot the handsome messenger

I can tell you that info is not correct. If UK does have the LOI, nobody outside of the coaching staff will know. Now, they may let it known that they feel good about their chances but they will not spoil the kids announcement by letting the cat out of bag. With that said, UK is in a position where they will need multiple guards next year and they cannot afford to wait for Young to announce later. They will gladly take Quade and push hard for him. I think the play of Quade this summer really amped Cal up and he really wants this kid now. They also feel that signing Green will help them land other players. Cal knows that alot of other players want to play with Quade and that getting him could lead to a few more commitments. If you were to ask me a couple of months ago, I would have said Cal prefers Young but I don't feel that way anymore, I think Quade has taken over that top priority spot. He knows that taking Quade probably mean that Young goes to OU but Green is so good that the staff is ok if that happens. Cal said after 2013 with Harrow that he will never put himself in a position of not having a great PG. Quade is the guy for UK right now and I agree. I love Young but Quade is a pitbull and I love his game.

Read most of the last 60 pages. I'm in the dark and obviously hoping for the same news as everyone else.

The thing I don't get is bashing the staff. Win or lose on Quade, they have put a quality team on the court year after year. This current team has a chance to be great, would not be surprised to see a #1 in front of their name at some point this season. Of course it's nerve wracking not having signatures at this point but there's nothing to be disappointed about right now. Calling for people's jobs, etc is beyond ridiculous. Think about what each of these guys has done for this program and city. Get a grip folks.

11.jpg
Well this changed quickly

Literally disgusting.

Just in case anyone freaked TF out about the methball prediction, it's 57% SURE, 33% Slimeball.

Question for NCAA rules guys.
Taking from all the things in this thread:
Could QG have signed his scholarship papers at Colgate game, but not the LOI, because signing the LOI would have meant he could not be Kentucky's guest at the MSG game.

Could QG have signed his scholarship papers at Colgate game, but not the LOI, because signing the LOI would have meant he could not be Kentucky's guest at the MSG game.
I don't know anything, but no school is allowed to host a recruit a certain distance off of their campus, so I don't think he was a guest in that way, so if he signed a LOI at the Colgate game, he could still have gone to MSG as a "guest" of UK. I am not sure if that makes any sense, it is early and I am tired.

If in fact Green has decided on Kentucky, the situation next year isn't dire. Green was likely one-and-done, anyway. We have a returning starter at PG who will be on the roster next year and the staff will find a backup. We will be fine.

UK left tickets for the players apparently. I have no idea where that fits in the rules. However, you do have a point that if Quade di sign scholarship papres, but not the NLI, he techinically was not committed. NLI overrules everything for the NCAA.

I can tell you that info is not correct. If UK does have the LOI, nobody outside of the coaching staff will know. Now, they may let it known that they feel good about their chances but they will not spoil the kids announcement by letting the cat out of bag. With that said, UK is in a position where they will need multiple guards next year and they cannot afford to wait for Young to announce later. They will gladly take Quade and push hard for him. I think the play of Quade this summer really amped Cal up and he really wants this kid now. They also feel that signing Green will help them land other players. Cal knows that alot of other players want to play with Quade and that getting him could lead to a few more commitments. If you were to ask me a couple of months ago, I would have said Cal prefers Young but I don't feel that way anymore, I think Quade has taken over that top priority spot. He knows that taking Quade probably mean that Young goes to OU but Green is so good that the staff is ok if that happens. Cal said after 2013 with Harrow that he will never put himself in a position of not having a great PG. Quade is the guy for UK right now and I agree. I love Young but Quade is a pitbull and I love his game.
So you guys think you got him? Or are you as unsure as us

A few things I can't get past...

This kid was on campus 10 times or more? This is the not first high level PG recruit we ever chased, and yet we told Coleman, Isaiah Washington, Jose Alvarado, and possibly others, no thanks? We even asked Coleman and Washington NOT to visit? We changed our entire strategy for one guy? No way! And all the "Plan A" headbands, twitter photos, comments, etc.? He clearly was not (he may be now) Kentucky's Plan A! Washington wanted us! We aren't around the corner...you don't come here 10 times if you aren't all in. I just don't see us making him such a high priority and checking out on other guys for him to do this to us last minute. It appears he's friends with Alvarado and Washington...Would he really banish his buddies to Gtech and Minnesota then pull the plug a week after they signed binding LOI's? I just don't see it. I have no info...none...but I'm hoping this is PHENOMENAL marketing for a HS Midnight Madness event by Q, his coach, and our staff so that the kid gets to enjoy his day! He clearly likes the show! Everybody wants the smoking hot 10...for the weekend...time to come home to ole reliable!

If the kid wanted his commitment to Syracuse last week quiet, and we blew it, maybe that's what changed his mind. It's not done till it's done. Let's sit back and enjoy the show. I'm sure someone is in his ear about this, but Briscoe is NOT a projected first round pick for UK...If Trae Young is waiting to see what Briscoe is going to do, then Q certainly should too. There is an extremely high probability that Briscoe is back and Shai Alexander is no slouch. Trae Young is from Norman OK! If he was staying home to play for OU, he'd commit early, so that he could be the hometown hero his Sr. year! He's waiting till after the season so that he doesn't have to hear the backlash! He's likely UK bound too!

Frank Howard is a very good player, and will have another year under his belt! We will be fine either way, no cliff jumping! But something tells me this isn't as Blue as everyone suddenly thinks.

If in fact Green has decided on Kentucky, the situation next year isn't dire. Green was likely one-and-done, anyway. We have a returning starter at PG who will be on the roster next year and the staff will find a backup. We will be fine.
I agree. I think it's more we had hopes for a big class, and Green was going to be a catalyst for that. We missed on Richards and Walker - our only chance to land Hami was if Greeen came. It's more of the domino effect than it is about the PG position. Howard will be awesome. But it never feels good to miss on big time recruits.

And may I add that I agree UK is suddenly all in on Quade...but let's remember, just a month ago for Big Blue Madness, Trae Young and his family were brought in a day early so that he and his family could have personal time with Cal and the staff "BEFORE ALL THE OTHER GUYS GET HERE!" PLAN A

Status
Not open for further replies.