Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 134 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
F YEAH. It's Hop's future that is at stake with this class, and they basically left it to Gerry to see if he could recruit with the Big Boys. Maybe Mike isn't going to get the job done here, if this is any indication.
Not excited about what this says about the future of Hop as HC and Gerry as a lead recruiter "if" this class goes up in flames.

Obviously going up against the UK hype/$$ machine is tough but when you have unlimited playing time to offer, an elite program to represent and are on a kid for 2 years with it known he is target #1 and we reportedly pushed away other upper tier players for him, to lose him in the last hour to a team that just decided "eh, this guys pretty good, lets take him" is very damning of recruiting ability.

If JB had 5-10 more years in him, I wouldn't be worried. I'm very worried if this is what we have going on leading into post-JB life.

Not getting Anderson might've cost us the 1990 NC. That very good team would've been unbelievable with him, but was weak at PG.

yes, point guard was definitely the weakness on that team but I don't think that was a NC team either way, and I am trying to be positive here, dammit!

yes, point guard was definitely the weakness on that team but I don't think that was a NC team either way, and I am trying to be positive here, dammit!
Are you serious? Kenny Anderson, Steven Thompson, Billy Owens, Derrick Coleman and LeRon Ellis starting with David Johnson, Richard Manning, Tony Scott and Conrad McRae among others coming off the bench? Look at that starting 5. Kenny Anderson was UNSTOPPABLE. That would have been THE favorite to cut down the nets.

1.jpg

Kentucky players get extra benefits even during their games.

Last edited:
Are you serious? Kenny Anderson, Steven Thompson, Billy Owens, Derrick Coleman and LeRon Ellis starting with David Johnson, Richard Manning, Tony Scott and Conrad McRae among others coming off the bench? Look at that starting 5. Kenny Anderson was UNSTOPPABLE. That would have been THE favorite to cut down the nets.

I am not kidding. Ellis was a stiff and as great as Coleman was he could be a brooding headcase who would disappear. Even with Anderson, my cynicism about those JB teams back then says we would have found a way to screw it up. On paper, you are correct, that would have been the best team in the country.

I am not kidding. Ellis was a stiff and as great as Coleman was he could be a brooding headcase who would disappear. Even with Anderson, my cynicism about those JB teams back then says we would have found a way to screw it up. On paper, you are correct, that would have been the best team in the country.
Do you remember DC throwing an alley oop to himself in Minn Sweet 16 game?...good times...

Edit, DC was a warrior, a FF and an elite 8, god bless. But by that minn game heknew they were not cutting down the nets with no pg...imo

I don't like the look of that graph, but on the other hand, I don't completely trust those crystal meth balls. What percent was Miami when Lonnie committed?

I think someone on one of the UK forums mentioned Lonnie was at like 6% when he committed.

I think it's pretty obvious that everyone is hearing it's UK though. I suppose there's always a chance that it's bad info though.

I double and triple down. He's coming to Syracuse.

- per multiple sources

O13 was correct on White, hope he is correct here.

QG would obviously be a huge get, but with the way FH has been progressing, next year we could start 2 pgs?

O13 was correct on White, hope he is correct here.

QG would obviously be a huge get, but with the way FH has been progressing, next year we could start 2 pgs?
They are combo guards nowadays. Its like having Scoop/dion, Dion/Triche, Triche/scoop out there. It can work...pretty darn well...

Seriously? That team lacked a good PG. Kenny Anderson was a GREAT college pg who made his team relevant right away. That team would have rolled to the FF with Anderson and been the favorite to win it all. There is no doubt in my mind.

Ellis had a hard time fitting in to such a talented team, but he scored 16 ppg at Kentucky and he played in the NBA for a couple of years. We have had many teams where I really wished we had a LeRon Ellis.

Status
Not open for further replies.