Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 155 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well according to Uk fans we are irrelevant and we cheat.

I'll take being called a cheater because our players are working to get paid, versus our players being paid by boosters to play for them.

We only got sanctioned because of Oliver Lucks witch hunt.

I'll take being called a cheater because our players are working to get paid, versus our players being paid by boosters to play for them.

We only got sanctioned because of Oliver Lucks with hunt.

I hate the Luck's I hope he never comes close to winning a super bowl.

For whatever reason, coaches don't blow others coaches in. Think it's happened once.
Probably because you could give them proof they were providing cash and hookers to minors and the NCAA wouldn't do anything. Then you're a snitch and they're no worse off.

For whatever reason, coaches don't blow others coaches in. Think it's happened once.

Didn't UK blow Louisville in over the hookers? Could have sworn that I read that some where...

oldpinepoint said:
It is widely believed that someone from UK blew in Louisville.

That may have been the instance I remember.

If it's so widely known that Wes is The Bank of UK, why isn't the NCAA more interested in investigating the 'connections?' There have to be a few recruits who didn't choose that route. There's got to be something more incriminating than supposition and innuendo. What would it take, from fans or staffs from spurned schools, to 'suggest' to the NCAA that they look into these allegations? Is the system rigged?

You must have been sleeping under a rock for the past 18 years, all the while UNC has been directing players to fake classes. Blue bloods don't get hit by the NCAA. They know where their bread is buttered. On the other hand, if you have a coach who has been thumbing his nose at the NCAA for over 40 yrs, the hammer drops.

No one with any common sense can look at the outcomes of recent events and actually think the system isn't rigged.
The next thing your going to tell me is that the american public decides who wins the presidency, and there is no way anybody would support term limits for politicians! :rolleyes:

I'm not radio silent. I'm enjoying my time in Syracuse, took in the game tonight in section 108, row C.

Got to go out to eat at the mission restaurant downtown.

Green is coming to Syracuse.

No new news is possible at this point. It's done.
download (1).jpg

If the Kid chooses UK then you have to respect it as a wise business decision. Say what you will about him being able to be a Lottery pick anywhere but the evidence supports the fact that the odds of him being a lottery pick are higher at UK more so than they are at Syracuse.

If you are a 5* player with the potential to a be a OAD and either UK or Duke is offering you, it doesn't matter who has been courting you for the past 2 years, you listen. Cal and Coach K are the only two who have shown the propensity to never screw up your chances of making it to the league and getting guaranteed money.

Many in this thread have cited the twins, but where are they now? Plenty of people said that they weren't NBA material and they both have contracts, doing well for themselves and they have both Credited Cal for his guidance.

Cal has taken players who would have never gotten a sniff at the league and has turned them into professional BB players. If you listen to almost every player who has come through UK they have all said the same thing, that being at UK prepared them for the league. The fans, the coaches and the spotlight that they receive playing at UK is in some cases more intense than what they will face in the NBA, so their transition to the league is an easier one.

Honestly, when you have 25+ players in the league with guaranteed contracts it speaks volumes. If Cal or anyone associated with the school or him were paying kids in any way it would have been found out by now. There is so much scrutiny on UK it isn't funny (For example: Tyler Ulis met a rapper backstage one evening and it was blown out of proportion and UK had to self report it... That Rapper? It was Drake, someone who Tyler already knew so it wasn't an improper benefit, just a friendship...).

My question is, Why would Cal have to pay these kids? All he has to do is show up and call any number of NBA All-stars and let the parents talk with them. The math is easy, Cal gets these kids ready by promising them a year of hard work and extreme effort and he will get them where they want to go. No other coach has the ability to promise that, not even K.

Like I said in an earlier post, I will feel bad for you all if he does in fact choose UK, but that doesn't mean that it isn't the correct choice. As a possible OAD, I'm not sure how he makes any other choice and considers himself fiscally responsible.

My take:

He comes to SU. He didn't drive up here to "Sign things" last week for no reason. He likely went to the game as a guest of UK because, hey, why not get free BBall tickets in the garden.

FWIW, check out Quade's twitter. All Syracuse.

I'm over Green. I just want to figure out how so many people with connections are hearing vastly different things.

I totally agree. A bunch of people with connections are going to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.